015

i just got out of my film study class. we watched some shitty romance movie, apparently a classic, i could really care less. i played some garbage ad-riddled mobile game throughout class, but every now and then snippets of the movie caught my attention, to the point where i found myself fully intrigued during the last ten minutes. got me in quite the loving mood.

today's note was on a pink post-it, making the similar shade pink ink harder to read. damn him to hell.

"today, in class, some kid asked me what i was listening to on my headphones. i told her shawn mendes, and she replied 'ah, so you're one of those top 50 hoes. never took you to be one of those.'

i thought about it a lot and i came to the conclusion that i don't have a music taste. the music i recommended you were songs that reminded me of you, you know? just songs that are edgy, but at least have a light at the end of tunnel ending.

i think i just listen to whatever i can. even if i don't like it, i try to sit through the entire song and maybe give it a relisten every now and again. because someone in the world made that song, put effort into making it, and shared it with the world with hopes of people listening.

i always feel phrases like 'i don't like country' are really counter productive. there's always a diamond in the rough, so completely denying a genre almost feels like your holding yourself down, like you're limiting your own horizons. i know it's only taste, but i feel just small things like that keep us from being as accepting of all of humanity as we can be. 

because the small things are what count, right? i w̶a̶n̶t̶ will you to know what you said was really sweet. (haha. didn't work there :-p) i was having a bad day and seeing that really makes me hopeful for today. thank you ♥︎

-my JK"

i vend myself the peach tea. surprisingly, my mind doesn't even bother to wander to thoughts of dread for the upcoming shitty taste that'll sit in my mouth for the rest of the afternoon. maybe it's just the dumbass movie i watched that has me feeling less bitter. who knows.

"woah, you're calling me edgy? i'll let you know i prefer angsty stoner, thank you very much.

you can tell a lot about a person based on what they listen to, though. if we all listened to the same shit, we'd all be the same. i don't know about you, but i'm not quite feeling dealing with communism right about now. i get where you're coming from 100%, but i like being able to listen to somebody else's music taste and it just making sense for who they are. like they're able to compile a shit ton of artists together that somehow, in the strangest way, makes them.

but more importantly, if we all listened to the same music, we'd lose people like you, who are unique for listening to every music genre. we'd lose people like you who are able to handpick songs for other people and go 'when i heard this, i thought of you.'

if everybody was like you, the world would be perfect. but in all honesty, i like the world the fucked up way it is, because that makes you all the more beautiful.

hope tomorrow's even better than today.

-MY G."

the note was surprisingly sweeter than i was trying to make it, but i sign it nonetheless. no going back now.

i grab my ice tea, and queue ballads on my phone. try something new, for him.