Chapter 68

'The Queen'

The Blue Queen was the embodiment of damnation. In every century, she awakens and creates chaos, as so many have told. Some have lived to tell the tale about her evilness and wrath. Back then, there was no one to save them from the cruelty of the Blue Queen. Everyone was afraid, for they know, that once the Blue Queen awakens again, the creatures of light shall be covered with darkness.

But it's different now.

Team Alpha is here.

The team was created for a single purpose. To protect.

"Team Alpha! Get ready for plan C," utos ni Seth at nagsitanguan ang iba. Miu got her senses back and focused and did as what they planned habang si Duke naman ay bahagyang napapikit. "Ano nga 'yong plan C?" tanong ni Duke kay Baxter na parang naguguluhan din.

"Ahh, shield," ani Baxter noong naalala na niya.

The trauma from the dark circle brought their minds to malfunction a bit. Tiningnan nila ang gem sa kamay ni Xin na naging abo na. They wondered why she broke the gem, pero wala namang sinabi si Xin at tumingin lang sa harap.

And just like what happened in the battle from the three realms, an army of dark creatures came running up to them. Ogres, goblins, dark mermaids, mountain beasts, and everything dark came into sight. The three realms were like a showcase to the final level. Natawa ang ibang myembro ng team habang nakatingin sa mga nilalang na paparating sa kanila.

"Say uh... Seth?" tawag ni Hoshi kay Seth dahilan para tingnan siya nito.

"Can we get fried ice cream after this? Hehe~" anito habang nakangiti.

Ngumiti na rin si Seth dahil dito at tumango. That thought immediately fired Hoshi up pero nang tiningnan niya si Xin, her bloody image from his vision earlier faded his smile. Jun was standing still behind Xin, looking at her with a concerned face. Umiling din si Seth noong pumasok na naman sa isip niya ang nakita niya kanina.

"Don't let those illusions bother you. It's just messing up with your head," paalala ni Matthew sa kanila. Only he and Storm weren't able to see their fear for the reason that Matthew was a guardian, they are intended to have no fear. But that theory might be wrong. He does fear one thing, losing even one of the members in battle was his greatest fear.

"Team Alpha!" sigaw ni Seth at inilahad ang kamay niya sa gitna.

Lumapit ang iba sa kanya habang umaalerto pa rin sa mga nilalang na paparating sa kanila. Tiningnan nilang lahat si Xin na naglalakad rin palapit sa kanila at walang imik na nilagay ang kamay niya sa pinakaibabaw ng pile. Ngumiti sila at tiningnan si Seth.

"Ahu! Ahu!"

As they did their battle cry, they proceeded to the real thing.

"Team Land, you take on the front line," utos ni Seth at tumango ang Team Land.

Tumango sila at pumwesto sa harap. Dino already casted a collaboration spell with Duke on the ground. Gumawa ito ng mataas na pader na gawa sa mga matatalim na halaman. Wolfie stood his ground but waited for the perfect timing to change his form.

Milo already had his fire lighted up.

"Puro ka na lang apoy. Sunod ka na lang nang sunog," reklamo ni Baxter na nasa likuran niya pero tiningnan siya ni Milo.

Milo wiggled his eyebrows and immediately shot fire arrows above the wall to burn the creatures from the other side. "It's his specialty. Don't bother him," mahinahong sabi ni Jun. Hindi na lang umimik si Baxter. Sumugod si Wolfie nang may tumalon na sa pader na ginawa nina Duke. He immediately mauled the creature in half at napangiwi 'yong nakakita noon.