Chapter 69

'The Final Judgement'

How many times should someone die? How many times is someone allowed to die and then live? I have died before, not just once but twice. The first time I died, Hoshi gave me a life. The second time, I was brought to life. But now, I don't think there's any chance of coming back to them—to the team.

"Child."

Dahan-dahan akong tumingin sa paligid ko. I was facing the vastness of the sea. My feet were wet on the sand that I was in. Tiningnan ko ang babaeng naglalakad palapit sa akin. She glowed. It was magical. Tumingin siya sa akin at ngumiti. Tiningnan ko siya noong tumabi siya sa akin at tumingin rin sa dagat na nasa harap ko.

"You did good," she said.

I smiled bitterly. I just did a portion of the battle. The team did it together even if we were missing one member, Jayden. When I went to Olympus, he was still passed out. I wanted to take everyone out of the battlefield. I wanted to let Miu rest after she was brought to life again. "You value their life more than yours."

Tumingin ako sa kanya dahil sa sinabi niya. I don't know who she is, but it's as if I've heard her voice many times before.

"My life was not mine in the first place," I said, out of gloom and despair. I was just made. The life I had was not mine, but I gave it away anyway. Tumingin sa akin ang babae at ngumiti.

"You are one brave lady," she said in the sincerest tone.

Umiwas ako ng tingin sa kanya. And look where my bravery got me? But I did not regret anything. I did the best I could while I was living. I have been loved and cared for, and I lived like it was the last life I had.

"They weep for you. They mourn," she said as she showed me a vision.

The vision played by the water in front of me. Tiningnan ko ito at kitang-kita ko kung anong mga ginagawa nila. It was raining hard, and my body was on the ground. I was covered in blood. They were weeping and Jun was holding me in his arms. Kinagat ko ang ibabang labi ko at lumuhod.

The vision was playing in front of me as I stared at the vastness of the sea.

"Zeus is angry," she stated, showing me another vision of Olympus. Zeus was angry, thousands of lightning hit the mountains of the realm. "Hades is in despair." I heard the crack in her voice when she said Hades' name. Tiningnan ko ang mukha ni Hades na galit na galit. He spread his arms and the fire in the Underworld raged.

"Every realm is offering their condolences," she said again and showed me the final vision. Elenor was lighting lanterns with my name on them. Pinalutang nila ito at yumuko bilang pagdadasal. May iba pang lumuhod at nagpalasamat sa mga mabuti kong nagawa sa kanila. The Dwarf Kingdom offered flowers into the ground. The witches and charm casters placed a white rose outside their windows and prayed. Every realm was doing it in its own way.

Napalunok ako sa nakikita ko. I'm really dead, huh?

"I see you've been good to all the realms," she said as she turned to face me.

Her voice is always fuzzy, almost unreal. Wala akong naging sagot sa sinabi niya at tiningnan ang vision sa harap ko. Tiningnan ko kung paano gumapang si Hoshi papunta sa katawan ko at niyakap ito habang tumutulo sa pisngi niya ang mga luha niya.

Seth was violent. He's been destroying things. Everyone was on the ground, kneeling, and was in disbelief.

"In the dark circle, most of them showed their fear of losing you. You seemed to be the most important person to them." Tumingin siya sa akin at ngumiti. Yumuko ako at tiningnan ang Alpha symbol ko na unti-unti nang naglalaho. I smiled a bitter smile.