3am

Yaz's P.O.V

"Are you two seeing eachother" my mother says trying to wrap her mind around who the doctor was to me. I scoff.

"I don't think so," the doctor replies with her northern accent "are we?" I stop a smile creeping up my cheek and reply

"We're friends."

This moment played in my head over and over again. I shouldn't have said it with such conviction. I was only trying to get my mum off my back. What happens if the doctor now thinks there couldn't ever be something there now. I sit up in my soft bed placed mid way on the wall in my room in the TARDIS. I glance at my clock, still wondering how it worked since we were in a time machine, and read 03:23 am. I groaned and pushed myself into my feet. Apon sliding my door open, i hear clanking coming from the main console room. She's still working on the ship? I think to myself. I drag my legs towards the noise and lean against the opening before the steps. The doctor looks up from what she's doing and smiles at me. I melt a little inside but do my best to not show it.

"Alright Yaz?" She says still smiling.

"Yeah just couldn't sleep. What are you still doing tinkering with the TARDIS? It's like 3 am." I reply walking down the stairs towards her.

"She likes the company, and I don't sleep a whole lot anyway. Too much time wasted." She finishes her sentence just as I reach her and she stands up from where she was fixing something. "You look like you want to say something..." She says before pushing her cute goggles on to her forehead. I had a million things I wanted to say and ask her, but I stay silent and just sit down by the railings instead. She pulls herself down next to me and quietly utters "okay well then should I say something instead?" I turn my head to look at her smiling face. I let out a little giggle.

"Okay sure." I notice as she shuffles herself a bit and she ends up closer to me than she was before.

"Do you think," she starts "that the TARDIS needs some more seats in this main area?" Her smile has changed to the one she makes when she's trying to be funny. She jumps down the ledge and started making gestures to where seating would go. "I was thinking of changing it up a bit like-" i cut her off with a slight chuckle.

"Doctor." She stops talking and closes her mouth, still smiling.

"What's up Yaz?"

"When my mum asked if we were seeing eachother," I hesitated for a second before continuing "my answer, it was just to get her off my back. I-" before I could finish the TARDIS jolts and I'm flung forward into the Doctor. We end up on the floor, me on top of her.

"Yaz? Are you okay?" She says with minor concern.

"Yeah." I say before realising the compromising position we'd found ourselves in; a slight blush reaches through my cheeks. I look into her beautiful eyes for a second and then we burst out into laughter. I roll off and onto by back next to her, her arm under my neck. I turns my head to face her and I realise she was already looking at me. She gives me a warm smile before rapidly pulling herself to her feet. She starts to walk away but turns on her heal, offering a hand out and so I slide mine in. Her hands were soft. Softer than i thought they'd be. A small smile came about me and she pulled me up from the floor.

"Right!" She say with adventure in her voice "where are we girl?" She skips up the steps and jumps in front of the screen. I loved the way she was almost childish with her movements; it showed how excited about life she was. I followed her up the steps but stopped just behind her, peering over her shoulder at the screen. "Okay gang, let's..." She stopped talking as she realises I'm the only one awake. "ah" she exclaims. "Let's uh, take a look tomorrow eh?" She asks me walking to where she'd draped her coat over a banister. I nod my head at her and we both start to walk towards the hallway with the rooms down it. My door was first, and I went to reach for the handle. I didn't turn it for a second. I just stood.

"Doctor?" I say "I don't think I've ever seen your room?" Why the hell did I say that? She looks back at me with a smile on her pretty face.

"Come on then." She gestures for me to take her hand, and I oblige. She drags me down the corridor right to the end and a door I've never seen before stands infront of us and she turns the handle. Opening the door in front of us both. From what I could see it was mainly filled with books, but as she pulled me inside I could see it was a lot more beautiful...
______________________________________
End of part 1