Chapter 4: We're Going On A Trip

Michael's POV

"..But yeah, she's just really great. Amazing even." A smile forms on my face at the thought of my baby as I sit and talk with my dad. He knew I was picking up Aubree today so he asked me to come a little earlier so we could go out and spend a little time before I take her. We decided on ice cream.

"So you really love this young lady huh ?"

"Absolutely. A lot. A little too much I think." I look down and take another spoon of my Cookie Dough ice cream.

"Too much ?" He raises his brow. "Well how bout this, me and Olivia are planning to go out of town to Cali next weekend. I want you two to come. I get to spend time with you and get to know your wife to be a little better."

I chuckle at his choice of words. "I don't know dad. You know I just told you about the money issues that I have now. And plus she already has a lot going on with her store and job and so do I. And it's even more stressful on me now because I have to make some things shake with getting that money back."

"I know but that's even more reason as to why you two should go. You've been stressing a lot, especially now. And i'm sure she has too. Every time I talk to you you're either at a meeting, on the way to one, or leaving one. Y'all both work like slaves during the week. You guys need a break, and this will be the perfect one for you."

I listen to him, still feeling uneasy about this.

He continues to try and persuade me. "I tell you what, if you do go. My treat. I'll cover the both of you. All y'all have to do is meet us at the airport with your suitcases. The flight, the room, food, everything's covered."

"Awe man, I can't let you do that. I appreciate it, but Cali ain't cheap. Maybe the flight, but not everything. She wouldn't even let me do that. We have money, it's just going to be lower than usual once next month hits. It's fine dad."

"Well i'll cover the flight and room and y'all can cover any miscellaneous charges. Deal ?"

I look at the smile plastered at his face and I can't help but smile as well.

"I'll see man. Let me talk to Jaz first and then i'll let you know."

"Just come ready to have a little fun. Let me know what you decide ASAP so I can get the tickets if needed."

"Alright."

We chat for a bit more and then leave so I can take him back and get my sister.

"What's wrong princess ?" I ask Aubree after seeing the frown on her pretty little face.

"She's just mad because I told her she couldn't have any sweets right now until she eats since she didn't want to finish her food earlier." Olivia speaks as she comes down the steps to meet me at the door with Olivia's book bag.

"Awww, it's okay pretty girl. You're too pretty to be frowning."

"She'll be alright." She waves her off and Aubree wraps her arms around my waist, burying her face into my side. "How are you Michael?"

"I'm okay. Could be better, but i could also be worse so I can't complain too much."

"I understand that."

"Yeah, had to take Old Man out for a second."

"You're the old one." My dad hits the back of my head as he walks past me to enter the house.

Olivia laughs as a smile rests on her face. "I'm really glad to see you two like this. You'd think by now i'd be adjusted and be over it, but it's still so great to see. Just knowing all that happened between you two for you to get here."