Chapter 9: You Love Me

Devin's POV

"Who getting married ?" Marcus asks with his keys in his hands. Rather than responding, I continue to stare at the rock on Jazmine's hand.

"Jaz getting married ??" Marcus continues to ask questions as he searches the living room. For what, I don't know ?

"Where my damn phone at.." He mumbles. "Aye bro, call my phone."

Jt calls his phone and starts searching the couch for it.

"It's over there bro." Jt points to Marcus' phone sitting on the counter.

"Preciate it. I'll be back." Marcus closes the door behind him, leaving Jt and I in silence. The sound of the TV fills the room until Jt speaks.

"You good ?"

"Yeah.. It's whatever man. I ain't trippin." I lock my phone and toss it to side, putting my focus on the TV. Jt stares at me for a moment before doing the same.

About 30 minutes pass before Marcus makes it back. He walks in with his cute little minnie me following behind him with her bag in her hand. I think the only thing Amiya got from her mom was her hair and maybe her personality. Everything else is a spitting image of him.

She's only 3, but she talks more junk and rolls her neck more than anybody I know

She's only 3, but she talks more junk and rolls her neck more than anybody I know. She knows how to switch modes and use her pretty little eyes to look all sweet and innocent when she wants something though.

As soon as she spots me on the couch she walks right over to me, smiling ear to ear.

"Uncle D !"

"Hey pretty girl" I smile, picking her up and placing her on my lap.

"Look" She pulls a coloring sheet of Stitch out of her little Doc McStuffins bag.

"Oh that's cute, when'd you do this ?"

"Today with mommy. She said it looks like daddy." Jt and I both laugh and shake our head.

"Hey Uncle J" She smiles at Jt.

"Hey Miya" he smiles back with a wave.

"Miya go put your shoes in your room." Marcus tells her.

"Kay" She hops off my lap and disappears down the hallway.

I can't wait to have a little one day. Just running around the house, climbing all on my neck and sleeping with me.

Damn, I bet Jazmine would've made the perfect mother. She's always been so loving and nurturing towards me, I just know she'll be like that with kids. I can see her now. Wobbling around with her big stomach, probably pregnant with twins since they run in her family. Damn.

She's really engaged now... like, deadass engaged.. She doesn't want me anymore, for real this time..

Jazmine's POV