Chapter 2: νιѕιтιиg яєиєє

Visiting Renée

****Bellas P.O.V****

I did want to see my mom. I wanted to know that her life was full and satisfying. I was standing by an ocean, soaking up the sunrise.

"Aren't you gonna miss this?" My mom, Renée, said. "Can't you just feel the vitamin D soaking up in your pores?"

Mom and I were laying down outside of the house in chairs.

"Yeah. I am gonna miss this." I told her.

"You know, colleges in Florida are a lot sunnier." Mom said as she took a drink of her tea. "I'm just saying, if you go to the University of Alaska, I'm never gonna see you."

I put on my sunglasses. "They have a really great science program."

"You mean, Edward program? The way he watches you, it's like he's willing to leap in front of you and take a bullet or something." Mom says as I looked toward Edward then back to her.

"Is that a bad thing?"

"It's an intense thing. You're different with him. He moves, you move. Like magnets." She explains to me.

"I don't know, we're just..." I trailed off.

"In love. I get it. I just want to make sure you're making the right choices for you. You know, 'cause you're the one that's gonna have to live with them." Mom then gets up. "All right, enough with the heavy." She leaves. I saw her get something.

"Mom."

"Congraduaton." She said handing me a wrapped box.

"I didn't want you to spend any of your money."

"I didn't, come on." She sat back down. I opened it to see a blanket of some sort.

(Both laughing)

"Are these all our old trip T-shirts?" I asked.

"Mmm-hmm." She said.

"Get out!" I said looking at them.

"I saved them all. I thought they'd make a good quilt, keep you warm up in Alaska. Remember this one? Ensenada." Mom points to one.

"The snake pit." I said.

"Yeah. But this one is my favorite, here. The three-headed lobster from Maine."

This is amazing." I told her.

"Honey, I'm glad you like it. I just figured, you know, when you get older, have kids, we can add to it. Maybe go visit the world's largest ketchup bottle or something."