The morning after

It didn't take long before morning came. Both men still naked, were holding onto each other. Noctis of course was still out like a light. Prompto's eyes fluttered open, light shining in his face. He looked around as his vision cleared and he felt someone holding him. "Ah...." He whispered in pain. He was hungover and had a bad headache. He looked up to see Noctis sleeping soundly. 'What??' He thought to himself. He stared at Noctis for a moment, really taking in the scene. He then sat up slowly, careful not to wake up the sleeping prince. He then realized they both had no clothes. "Oh.....my....astrals...did we...?" Prompto questioned quietly. He placed his hand on his head and felt the ring. He looked at his hand and his eyes widended slightly. "A..ring..?" Noctis shifted. The warmth he had was now gone. His eyes opened slightly and it took him a moment to adjust to the light. He sat up with a slight headache but he was used to it. "Huh?" He noticed Prompto next to him. He shook his head a little wiping his eyes. He remembered drinking last night but that's about it. "I don't understand...." He was trying to put all the pieces together as to why he was naked in bed with his best friend. "Did we....?" He asked hoping prompto knew something. Prompto stayed quiet for a moment, refusing to look at Noctis. "I'm assuming so.." He said finally. He tried to remember what happened but it was foggy. He showed noctis the ring, still not looking at him. "I just vaguely remember...you saying you wanted to marry me instead of Luna..so you gave me this ring. That's all I really remember..then I woke up and we were naked cuddling." He explained. Noctis had turned every shade of red possible. "I...im sorry...." He didn't know what else he could possibly say. He grabbed his clothes getting dressed and handed prompto his before leaving. Noctis didnt even want to say another word to him. Noctis had left the hotel going for a walk. He was lost in thought. How could he have done something like this? Prompto took his clothes and watched Noctis leave. He sighed and got up, putting on his clothes. He fixed his hair, styling it the way he usually did. That's when he remembered something else. 'That look on his face...the lust in his eyes..' Prompto thought. It was as if Noctis was a different person. Prompto figured it wasn't the best time to tell Noct about it. A few hours later and noctis had come back. He still didnt even look at prompto. He stopped at the door of his room putting his hand on the handle. It took him a second to even walk inside. With the door still open he threw the sheets into a bag and set them into a corner of the room. He was airing out the smell. "Ah!" he yelled dropping a pillow with blood on it. He shivered but continued to clean the room. He sighed looking down. What was he supposed to do about his friend? He stood up and thought for a minute. Prompto. His best friend. His.....fiance? He finally took a breath and went to his friend. "Hey.." He said quietly. It was really awkward. He didn't know where to start. Prompto looked up at him and gave a friendly wave. "Hey..what's up?" He could tell it was a bit awkward for Noctis, but who could blame him. To be honest, Prompto was feeling awkward as well. "Do you....want the ring...?" He asked blushing a little. He looked away putting his hands in his pockets. He didnt know how else to ask prompto if he was ok with any of this. Noctis never thought that he would have feelings for his friend. Let alone have sex with him. He glanced at prompto to see his reaction. Prompto's eyes widened a bit. Then he looked at the ring. "I mean...it is a really pretty ring.....do you want it back?" Prompto asked. He'd be lying if he said he didn't want to keep it. But if Noctis wanted it back, he would give it back. "Prompto...." He sighed. He covered his face with his hands. He was obviously really stressed about all of this. He sat next to him and leaned on his shoulder closing his eyes. "....." Prompto didn't say anything. He took off the ring. He was hesitant but hugged his best friend anyway. Noctis sat up a little and made a fist. He took prompto by the hand and put the ring back on him. He then grabbed prompto by the shirt and pulled him close about to kiss him but stopped when ignis called for them. His face turned bright red. He looked at prompto for a moment and loosened his grip on his shirt. Prompto blushed a deep red as he stared into Noctis' eyes. "Um..." He was a bit embarrassed. He wasn't entirely sure why he was feeling such shyness around him. He was also confused. He thought Noctis would want the ring back. Noctis let go of his shirt and looked down. "Just...do what you want with it...." He seemed disappointed. He stood up and walked away with his head down and hands in his pockets. If it wasnt for ignis he probably would have kissed prompto then and there. He walked up to ignis to talk to him about his wedding with Luna. He wasnt happy. He was just talking to the person he was starting to love. Maybe want to even marry. Prompto could sense the disappointment as he watched Noctis walk off. He looked at the ring again before following Noctis to the other two. Noctis looked at prompto. "Ignis can we please talk about this later?" He said in a more upset tone. It left ignis confused. Why would noctis not want to talk about his own wedding. Unless....he didnt want it. Noctis began to walk off but he grabbed prompto by the hand walking with him to a private area by the lake. He sighed and looked away. "We need to talk." He said.