The Talk

Prompto went with Noctis, stumbling a bit since Noctis grabbed him by the hand. "Uhm...okay. What about?" Prompto asked confused. "I think i do like you....more than a friend.....i...dont want to marry Luna. But i dont know if i do want to marry you. This is all just so crazy and i dont understand. I feel like im going insane! I just.....i dont know what to do....." Noctis said in a panic. He let go off all of his feelings at once. Anyone could tell that noctis was upset and under a lot of pressure. Prompto could feel his heart start to beat fatser in his chest. He wasn't sure what they'd be talking about. "Hey, hey, it's okay.. I understand. It all happened so fast and all we did was get a little drunk and one thing led to another. Just stay calm and we can figure this out." Prompto placed a hand on Noctis shoulder gently. Noctis looked at prompto for a moment. He kissed his cheek gently before nuzzling into his neck. He closed his eyes and it he finally felt at ease. He sighed with a small smile and just rested against his friend. "....." Prompto gently hugged Noctis again. He smiled slightly with a blush tinting his cheeks. He then frowned when he realized what Noctis said. 'He doesn't want to marry Luna...?' He thought to himself. "I...i love you....." Noctis said quietly. He felt his face turn bright red. He looked up at prompto with love in his eyes. A new look only prompto had seen. Prompto stared into Noctis' eyes for a moment. "....I l-love you, too.." He replied softly. He loved Noctis, but deep down he felt so horrible. Luna loved him and their wedding was around the corner. Then he realized. 'What would she think if she ever were to find out?? What about the king?? Noctis doesn't want to marry Luna but all of Lucis and maybe other freaking countries are waiting for it!' Prompto panicked internally. He wasn't even sure what Gladio and Ignis would think if they knew. noctis kissed prompto gently putting a hand on his cheek. He was so happy. For once he finally got what he wanted. "NOCTIS!!" Yelled gladio. Noctis pulled away quickly. The sadness and panic in his eyes obvious. Ignis not to far behind had the look of disappointment on his face. Noctis just looked down and ignis took him by the arm and took him away already beginning to scold him for acting out before the wedding. Gladio looked down at prompto. "What were you two thinking. Noctis has to be married to lunafreya. Stop putting these ideas in his head." Gladio said sternly. He was being a bit more strict only because anyone could have seen what noctis did. Gladio and ignis wish they could let noctis be happy and be with who he wants. But everyone's lives are on the line. "I...I...." Prompto was at a loss of words. He wasn't even sure himself. He could only look down at the floor and clasp his hands together. "........" He practically froze there, feeling like all this was his fault from the beginning. Noctis heard this and warped next to gladio kicking him in the gut. "Leave him alone! This isnt his fault! None of it is! I love him! Yes luna and i are good friends. But i cant see myself marrying her! I want to be with prompto!!!" Noctis yelled protecting prompto. He didnt care the backlash he'd get. He just wanted prompto to be safe and happy until this was over. Ignis slapped him. Hard. Noctis just stood there in shock. A red mark on his cheek. "We're leaving for niflheim tonight." Ignis said pullimg noctis by the ear. He had never been so disappointed in him his life. Noctis was in pain and not just physically. Prompto could only tear up, keeping his head down low. 'If it's not my fault...why do i feel like it is..?' Prompto thought to himself. He felt as if he were a bad influence. Like he was the real problem. He felt that all this wouldn't happen if it weren't for him.