Chapter One Hundred and Seven

I don't think Wattpad alerted my readers about my last chapter ~ Please double check you have read 106 before this one! 

✩✩✩

"She just completely freaked out. I've never seen her like that, Draco," I said as I slumped onto the couch of the Common Room.

"The Greengrass's have always been sheltered." He said as he looked down at me with, eyebrows crooked in compassion. "She is your best friend, give her time and she will come around. As long as our secret is safe, right?"

"Despite how terrified she is of me now... she won't turn me in." I said dismally with my eyes fixed on the floor.

"You didn't tell her I was marked too?" He asked.

"Of course not," I frowned. "She would protect me, but you? I'm not entirely sure."

"Hmph," he said with raised brows and looked upon the roofing. "Well that's nice," he sarcastically whimmed. "Now, are you going to continue pouting around in self pity or are you going to join me for Potions?" He asked.

To make his point more effective, I pouted and accentuated my puppy eyes as much as I could. He rolled his eyes and then offered a hand which I pulled myself up with. Our hands stayed interlocked as we strolled to Slughorn's.

"Do you feel your mark influencing you at all?" I asked, tapping my thumb against his.

"Besides making sure I wear long sleeves, not at all."

I chewed my lip. "So you don't feel... impulses?"

"No... why, do you?" He frowned over at me.

"I haven't lately," I sighed, "but before I was so caught up in frustration and impatience. The feelings have left me for now but I can't work out why."

"Didn't we conclude that was stress?"

"That's what I thought, but shouldn't I be even more stressed now than I was? My plan went to shit and I'm back at square one, yet my heartbeat remains regular and I don't feel like murdering every student who laughs near me."

He hummed in thought. "It's peculiar. I don't think it has anything to do with this," he placed his hand over my forearm, running a thumb over where he knew the dark tracings were, "because my parents would have briefed me. There's only one impulse you should expect and that's when he calls."

I groaned, annoyed at his educated response.

"You haven't been that bad, love." He said, letting go of my hand and swinging his arm around me to pull me closer. "I think you have just developed a short temper. After all you have been through some shite."

"You said I nearly strangled your friend," I deadpanned.

"Nearly," he pointed out with a wink.

"I don't want to have a temper. I don't want to be some feared, evil woman," I muttered. "Daphne really opened my eyes to it last night. She knows me better than most people and if she says I've changed... well..."

"She was overwhelmed and saying all sorts of things," Draco said as we turned a corner. "Don't obsess over it, okay?" He rubbed my shoulder roughly. "I predict you will be fine tomorrow."

"It's not just some silly school girls fight, Draco." I mumbled.

"Now that is something I'd prefer to see than this," he joked and I rolled my eyes. "Bloody hell," he said. I followed his eyes to see Ron Weasley and another girl tangled with each other by the window pane. "I'm going to be sick."