despondency; myg x pjm (ANGST)

CONTAINS SELF HARM

|

PRELUDE

It was never ending.

No matter how many times he had tried, how many different ways he attempted it, he was unable to die.

He had always knew. Knew that he will never be able to rest in peace. Knew he would soon experience all that he could, and was forced to watch as life became dull around him.

Knew that falling in love was a terrible thing.

Terrible for his lover, terrible for his mental health. Terrible in the sense that one day, he'd be forced to watch them as they slowly begin to shrivel up, and lose themselves from the world.

Oh how he wished he may be able to join them.

---

MARCH 1929

It had been a gloomy evening. He walked out of the shoe shiner's, delighted with his newly polished, black dress shoes. He couldn't even take two steps from the door when someone had tripped in front of him, dropping their ice cream, and in turn getting it all over his newly done shoes.

"You disrespectful little--" He vented out, stopping when a teary face looked up at him.

"I-I'm really sorry mister.." His lips wobbled, holding in his tears that threatened to spill over.

The man bent down, running a hand through the younger boys soft matte black hair, tucking strands behind his ear.

"You need to be careful there" He no longer felt anger towards the child. He looked young, perhaps 14 or 15, dressed in a school uniform with dark midnight hair, and glistening eyes that matched.

"I tripped on my shoelace..." He trailed off as he looked down. The older man followed his gaze, looking at the school-issued shoes who's laces where dragging across the ground.

He chuckled at the young spirit. Reaching out, he fastened the laces for the younger. He quietly watched the older, hastily wiping his tears away.

"Ah! Mister" The child dug around in his grey slacks, before pulling out a pale, blue handkerchief. He gestured for the older to stand back up before kneeling down himself, whipping the vanilla ice cream from his shoes.

"Would you like another ice cream? There is one around the corner." The older proposed. The younger pondered for a bit, before happily agreeing.

They walked to the store in comfortable silence.

The older happily watched as the younger chowed down on the cold ice cream, groaning aloud when he got a brain freeze.

"That was delicious mister.. thank you! Even though I was the one who ruined your shoes, you ended up treating me. Why's that?" He questioned, looking at the older curiously.

"Why?" He pondered a bit, tapping his long fingers elegantly on his chin. "I believe everyone should get happiness, no?"

The younger giggled childishly at his words, his eyes crinkling up in an eye smile. "You're right mister!"

"What are you called, boy?" The elder asked.

"They call me Jimin! Park Jimin!" The now named child happily announced, proud of his name. "What about you mister? What is your name?"

"My name is Min Yoongi." 

---

JUNE 1933