selenophile; myg x pjm (ANGST)

YOONGI had always thought that life is an interesting thing.

I watch listlessly as people slowly retreat into their homes, never once looking up at me. For I bring something people fear: the darkness.

Everyone smiles brightly when the sun rises out from my bitter shadow, typically sitting out with a hot cup of coffee as they slowly drink in the warmth. The joyous laughter from children, the voices of adult slowly jumbling up as the sound carries to the sky.

I always wondered what I would be like, if people liked the moon instead of the sun?

Hidden from others, I react from my slightly beat-up, but precious notebook.

"Twinkling starlight

Building with blinking light

We're shining brightly

In our own rooms, in our own stars"

I close my book as I feel the tug from my other half. It's my time to rise once more. Gradually I raise up into the sky, my dark aura spread across the now sleepy town.

I've never liked myself. No one did. I could never listen to the joyous sounds, instead having to settle with the drunk laughter and pleasured moans.

My dark eyes rake over the town, until I met eyes looking at me with such a loving emotion. Eye enlarged by the huge telescope, I could only make out fluffy blonde hair accented by a bright yellow blanket.

Immediately I could feel myself begin to gravitate towards the human. The stars around me shift, looking at me with utter disgust.

They hate me too because among all their beautiful forms, I am but a huge... splat mark. Perhaps that's why I was so jealous of the sun. Effortlessly being loved by others.

Fear and insecurity encapsulate me, and I fear what I don't know. I am the moon: no one likes the moon. I trust before I become casted off, abandoned in the dark universe.

And for that reason I slowly return to my original place. 

For if you are a Selenophile, I am a Selenophobic.

A/N: aAHAH this is so baddd im so sorry. i just wanted to write this little blurb that has been stuck in my head for a while, as well as reassure that i havent abandoned this book- kinda. i have a couple more drafts for this story before i formally end this book. iaq don't really know how end a book that has no technical end...

-suhyeon

selenophile -  person who loves the moon.

selenophobia - fear of the moon.