forgotten; jjk (ANGST)

AUTHOR'S POV

JUNGKOOK stretched his arms, humming as he heard the satisfying cracks of his joints. Begrudgingly, he opened his eyes, rubbing them with his hands as he crawled out of bed. His feet met the soft plush of the carpet, before he opened his eyes completely. Since when did he have carpet flooring?

Properly taking in his surroundings, he realized he had no clue where he was. He was inside a small apartment, with a bed and desk in the corner being the only decor besides the white carpet. Rushing to the door, he opened it to be met with a small corridor, a laundry bin sitting innocently alongside the wall.

Hesitantly, he made his way towards where the light shone in, and was met with an equally as small kitchen and living room, none of which was familiar to him. He quickly spotted his phone sitting on the kitchen counter, and scrambled to grab it.

His phone had no notifications, not helping Jungkook in trying to figure out where he was. His mind was travelling a mile a minute, thinking of only the worst. Had he been kidnapped? Would he be sold off to another country? Was he being held for ransom?

Despite waking up unharmed, and not chained to some dungeon wall, his mind was plagued with negativity

With nimble fingers, he opens up his messages, but sees no contacts. Confusion settles as Jungkook questions why he was searching through his contacts. For who? He could feel his memory containing gaps, but no matter how hard he tried to remember, he didn't recall why he was so panicked when he woke up. He was at home in his small, but cozy apartment.

Feeling calmer now, he throws in a piece of bread into the toaster before plopping himself down onto his small couch, flicking on the TV. He nonchalantly flipped through the channels, finding nothing of interest before stopping on the news, standing up to grab his toast as he heard it pop out of the toaster.

He tuned in to what the TV was saying as he took a bite.

"WORLDWIDE SENSATION BTS BROKE RECORDS TODAY YET AGAIN!"

Jungkook's head snapped up at the mention of BTS, the name triggering something in his missing memories. He recalled the heart smile, the crescent eyes, the boxy grin, the windshield laughter, the gummy smile, and the man who had made his shy self accept the offer into Bighit.

Grabbing his phone once more, he types in quickly. "BTS"  The page seemed to load forever for Jungkook.

BTS (방탄소년단) Is a 6-member boy group originally from South Korea. Bigh---

"6 members..?" Jungkook couldn't understand what was happening. BTS has 7 members, with him as one. Convincing himself it was only a typo, he scrolls down to the 'members' section.

RM

Kim Namjoon (김남준)

.

.

.

Jin

Kim Seokjin (김석진)

.

.

.

Suga

Min Yoongi (민윤기)

.

.

.

J-Hope

Jung Hoseok (정호석)

.

.

.

Jimin

Park Jimin (박지민)

.

.

.

V

Kim Taehyung (김태형)

To see more, search:::

Drowning in his confusion at this point, he clicks out of the wiki, accidentally clicking the contact app beside it. Cursing slightly, he stops when he sees a phone number in his contacts that wasn't there before.

PARK JIMINIE-HYUNG 🐥

XXX-XXX-XXXX

Speedily, Jungkook clicks on it, listening to it nervously as it rang out. 'Hello?' A confused voice answered on the other side. "J-Jimin-Hyung!" Jungkook cried into the phone. 'Do I know you? This is an unknown number.' He slowly lowered his phone from his ear, watching the numbers increase as the call kept going.

'Hello? Who even is this?' Jungkook could hear the voice clearly despite his phone not being put on speakerphone. His vision slowly blurred as tears clouded his vision. After a moment of silence, the voice sounded again. 'I'll be hanging up now.' He watched on dazed as his phone blacked out, before being painted in his tears.

His large doe eyes filled with tears, looking up from his phone to the television, still speaking about BTS. Yet, he couldn't move from his position, instead he slowly slumped onto the floor, bringing his knees up to his chest before ducking his head under his arms.

Jungkook cried for hours, his cries of emotional pain being the only sound in the darkening apartment. The sun had begun to retire to bed, and the moon was coming to take it's shift. He slowly looked up, the sunlight's disappearing rays barely peeking into his apartment. Jungkook asked aloud to no one in particular.

"Have I been... forgotten?"

The absolute silence that greeted him was his answer.