Chapter 21- Protection and His Vows

Most of this chapter is basically a further explaination of Shina's Shina no Me or Reaper Eyes. Fun fact, Shina also comes from the Japanese word 'Death' or 'Shine' (Shi - neh).
Enjoy reading!

Late Merry Christmas and a Late New Year xDD. A long chapter for you ppl

After weeks of training Naruto with Kurama and Shina, Naruto was only able to get into his bijuu mode for only five minutes. Luckily, from all his different training, he still kept his bright smile and enthusiastic persona, not like other shinobi who became emotionless.

Shina was treating Naruto some miso ramen when a certain ANBU told her that she has been called by the Hokage.

"I bet Grandpa Hokage's gonna send you to a mission, and you'll possibly come back after a week. I can't finish my training without you!" Shina snickered at her little brother and ruffled his golden hair with her fingerless-gloved hands.
   "I know you can handle yourself with training, don't worry, you got Kurama with you." Shina muttered Kurama's name and somehow it deafened the ANBU's ear.

"You gotta hurry up, Shina. I have a mission after this." The ANBU, or rather, Kakashi said with his deep, drowsy voice. His eyes was glued in his precious Icha-Icha paradise.
  "I get that you lazy bum! You don't have to repeat yourself!" Shina said, her voice higher of irritation.

  "Naruto, if you need anything, just ask Kakashi-nii or Gramps if they are around. Also, contact me with a summoning hawk, okay?" Shina said before adding, "you remember the hand seals, right?" Naruto nodded and Shina giggled in response.

~《》~

 Shina arrived at the Hokage Tower before Kakashi. She knocked twice before hearing his earthly voice. 
"Come in, Shina." His muffled voice through the door.

She opened the door to see the Hokage behind his desk, not like most kages who have stacks of paper, his was probably the most neat. Enough of that, a person was at the opposite of the Hokage, which Shina knew immediately by his low ponytail. The Hokage gestured her to come closer.
"You called us, Hokage-sama?" Itachi was the first one to speak as Shina stood beside him, twitching ever so slightly.
"Both of you will be doing a mission by the Land Of Iron in the village hidden in the smoke. Apparently, there has been 'ghosts' that have been spotted around the vicinity of the Shrine of the Sage of Six Paths." Shina rose a brow before gesturing for the Hokage to continue. "But why both of us?" Itachi couldn't help but ask.
  "Itachi, you will be assisting Shina for this mission." The old man smiled before looking at Shina with his dark orbs piercing into her grey ones.
  "I'd like to speak with you privately, Shina."

  Hiruzen then told Itachi to wait outside, which he did and closed the door behind him.
He looked at Shina with a serious demeanor.
  "I've been asking Jiraiya and Tsunade to keep reports about your training." He said and Shina subconciously gulped. "They said that you keep speaking and muttering in mid-air." She could only mentally facepalm.  "You were doing a series of unknown handsigns too. It couldn't possibly the nine-tails, isn't it?"

'Can I tell him?' Shina spoke inside her thoughts and Airama's silky voice said in response, 'I'll explain myself, summon me.'

Shina reached for her summoning keys and felt Hiruzen's chakra spike, "What are you doing, Shina?" Hiruzen dangerously said, preparing a ram sign with his hand.

Shina held Airama's key. She felt nature energy circling the key and felt Airama's soul in the room. The blinds of the Hokage room slid shut. Hiruzen kept his fighting stance.
"Don't worry, Hokage-sama! I won't hurt you!" Shina smiled before holding out her key, writing in mid-air. The writing said, love. His eyes narrowed.