NINETEEN| just relax.

Nori Samuels

Nori Samuels

THE NEXT DAY

Tomorrow we leave for Cuba so I decided to go spend time with my family. You'd think that I would be under them at all times but that hasn't been the case. Having them not too far away has been nice though.

Yesterday was......hectic. I know it's my fault though so I'm not upset. I shouldn't have responded to Isaiah but I feel so much better now that I have. I deactivated my page immediately after. There's nothing left to be said, he can leave me the hell alone.

Chris said he understood where I was coming from but once we had sex he became distant. Before he goes to work he usually lets me know but today he just got up and left. He hasn't text me or called.

I hate myself for this.

"Can I ask you guys a question?" I asked getting everyone's attention.

"What's up?" Teddy responded.

"So yesterday, Isaiah my ex, wrote me on Facebook basically saying that he messed or whatever. My first thought was to ignore him but in the back of my mind, it was like let him know how he hurt me."

"Always follow your first mind Nori." My dad said.

Exhaling I ran my fingers through my hair.

"Let me guess, you responded?" Teddy asked.

"Yeah."

"Does Chris know?"

"Yes and I still don't know how."

"Doesn't matter how, you shouldn't have responded. That was disrespectful Nori." My mom said.

"But I didn't say anything wrong.....okay maybe it's a few things I could've left out and that I feel bad about but I just need to get a few things off my chest or it would always bother me. I don't want to be with my ex, I just wanted that burden off of me."

"I understand that but you probably told him something he already knew."

"I told him that I love him an-."

"Skrrrrrt...." Teddy said holding up his hand. "Red flag numero uno. Why the hell would you tell him that you love him? That's going to make it seem like he still has a chance."

"I just wanted him to know that he hurt me!"

"He knows that he hurt you Nori. Like your mom said, there was nothing to say, you didn't need to tell him anything. You're just opening doors that will cause issues." My dad said.

"We have enough going on." I sighed sitting back.

"You blocked him on everything, right?" Teddy asked.

"Yes."

"Well good. Leave it that way. The best way to heal is to just move on. No long ass paragraph or none of that other BS can heal you Nori."