S&S2| opponents.

Christopher Brown

Christopher Brown

A MONTH LATER

A new case was dropped on me a few weeks ago and it's causing my schedule to be hectic again. But the wild thing is, Nori is just as busy. She's still not 100% with the daycare thing so we've been paying Erin to watch Harlee. Maybe this can be a permanent thing because honestly, I really ain't too fond of daycares either.

But the fact that Nori is getting up and going to work is something that I'm not used to yet. I'm used to getting home and knowing that she'll be there with Harlee. Now some nights I have to go and get Harlee because Nori has to stay late.

And I shouldn't be worried but thinking about her working with that nigga makes me antsy. I trust my girl believe me I do. But him, I don't trust at all. She said the don't see each other because he's on a different floor. I thought she was going to work from home but she has this new secretive case that she's working on.

A knock on my office door caused me to look up. Corey was standing there. "Aye it's time for that interrogation." He said.

"Alright, I'll be down in five, let me finish up this email."

He nodded the left out.

So my new case is a robbery case. William Turner robbed a bunch of federal banks, we had an anonymous tip that said he did it. He claims that he's innocent but he has nothing credible to prove that.

Once I sent my email I headed down to our interrogation room. William got a new lawyer and wants to talk to me again before his trial starts.

When I got over to where everything was being held, I saw Corey standing outside on his phone. "What you doing out here?" I asked.

He quickly looked up at me. "Do you know who this mans lawyer is?"

"No, who is it?"

"It's Nori!"

My eyes grew then I hurried inside the room. And sure enough, there she was. No wonder she wouldn't tell me about her case.

"About time you showed up." She said with a sly smirk on her face.

"No— I mean Denoria, what are you doing here?"

"I'm here to help my client prove his innocence."

Exhaling I sat across from them. "How are you today Mr. Turner?"

"Okay but I'll be better once all this was over." William answered.

"For months you've been trying to convince us that you're innocent but have yet to give any solid proof. You claim that you were at home during all of the robberies but that's the worst alibi to use. You're at home alone, with no one to vouch for you."

"But because there is no one to vouch for him, that does not mean that he committed these crimes." Nori spoke up.

"Why would somebody just call and say it was him. Make that make sense."