not

no one looked for my heart
the lights weren't turned on in my room
only dust covered my dreams
but after i met you,
they woke up
and became reality
you're a miracle
the moment you appeared before me

━━

i wasn't hot with the idea of letting others come close to me. after my junior high incident, i was afraid of people in general. i didn't want them coming close to me lest they hurt me and vice versa. i didn't want a repeat of that day.

i was cold and dreary, harsh and moody, with a frown always in place, winter personified. if i'm not winter, i don't know who else was.

you, on the other hand... you were the epitome of summer. full of life and laughter, a bright aura and cheerful demeanour, you brought smiles everywhere you went. you could've left sunshine in your wake.

with each and every bold step you took, you tried to get close to me. you knocked down my barriers and always found a way to barge into my heart.

however, i was still afraid. i know i shouldn't have been, but i was. i know i should've trusted you, but i didn't. and that's one of the many regrets that i have.

you were always finding ways and means to get me to open up to you, like a bud opening up to the warm sun.

nonetheless, i remained stubbornly closed and sealed, a flower preparing for winter.