+ explanation & fun facts

+ explanation

the start of this book takes place around the start of season 1, where kageyama was still angsty and didn't know how to trust people.

the unnamed girl then meets him and tries to be his friend multiple times, to which he objects because he didn't know if he could trust her after what happened in his junior high match.

chapter 4 takes place in season 2, the episode where kageyama and hinata fought. so then it goes down with the girl getting kageyama to open up and talk to her and properly become friends.

they then become good friends and kageyama finally learns to trust people. he trusts the girl the most, though.

chapter 6 is when the girl acts oddly and asks if they would be eternal. she, of course, is hinting that she likes him, but he misinterpreted it, thinking she was asking whether or not their friendship would last forever. she knew he did, and she laughed it off and said that of course they would be friends forever.

and finally, she moves away in chapter 7. kageyama was at first angry with her but it cooled off to one of acceptance. at first, he thought he could have a friend for once but then she moved, and he thought he was doomed to have no friends, and that when he trusted someone too much, they'd leave him in the end. he then learned after a while that she taught him that yes, it's perfectly fine to have friends and to trust others.

i hope you guys weren't too confused! if you still have any unanswered questions, feel free to ask me! ^^

+ fun facts

#1: when i first started planning the story, there were a lot of possible endings. however, i settled for this one. :')

#2: in one of the many endings, there was a happy ending with kageyama and the girl looking back at their friendship after they've graduated high school. in this route, the girl had no feelings for kageyama at all.

#3: in one of the many endings, kageyama and the girl did end up together, but in the end, she passed away. another alternate ending for this one ended up with the girl moving.

#4: in the early stages of this fanfiction, i thought of making this a story whereby kageyama and the girl meet up after they've lost contact after graduating from high school. but this meant that i probably would have to write a sequel/prequel which explained their friendship prior to this. since i would have no time to rush one out, i decided to scrap this idea. :')

#5: this was originally meant to be a reader-insert but i decided to change it up to make it ambiguous. hence, the girl can be anyone you want it to be — yourself, or an unnamed female mc!

thank you for giving this fanfiction a read! remember to keep yourselves hydrated and well-nourished, and that i love all of you! ♡

xx qq