1

Yoon Dowoon POV

As a kid, I have a habit of asking ridiculous questions about the smallest wonders in life. I mean, couldn't you cut me off some slack? I'm just a curious kid who seemed annoying but, is really confused of this bizarre world. Earth is huge meaning, there is more questionable things. Well, you've guessed it, I travelled around the world. A. LOT.

"K-Kon'nichiwa, t-takeu photo? Yeah, photo uhm. Me? Yeah me. Uuh sugoi?"

"We're in an anime convention."

Well, I didn't say I was the smartest nor was I the stupidest. I just prefer staring out the window instead of doing assignments that wouldn't have the biggest impact in my life. I mean, Education is important but it doesn't teach you how to get a car without successfully jumping onto the roof of someone's else.

"You're spacing out again," I flinched at the sudden touch. Kim Wonpil. My friend; My homie; My brotha; My family.

"W-Wha? What are we doing again?" I asked, clearly not noticing the screams of either joy or agony.

"Get a grip Dowoon, if that Park Jin Young guy sees you spacing out again, you probably won't be able to work here anymore! Remember, you work as a lifeguard for temporary money," I nodded and looked ahead for any drowning kids or even adults. I glanced at this specific elderly, who seemed to get my attention. She winked at me before diving in the deep pool.

"You seemed to be specially born for the ladies. Especially the elderlies. Have fun~" I scoffed and smacked the back of Wonpil's head.

"Shut up Hyung."

He snickered as I got off the lifeguard's chair, knowing that the elderly was going to "seductively" drown herself. She has been trying to get me ever since I joined. Apparently, she's a regular. I felt my foot on the cold, wet swimming pool tiles as I made my way to her. She noticed me and flipped her hair, splashing the water directly onto my face.

I wasn't liking it one bit but I am not allowed to have a say unless they are drowning or they are breaking the rules. Wait, actually I should be able to tell her off because she's making me personally uncomfortable and it's my own rule.

"Yes babyboy? Do you need something?" I cringed but kept my cool. Her other two friends silently gushed over my looks but I kept quiet.

"Ma'am, I don't think you are allowed to be swimming in this lane. It's specifically for children until 12 year olds. I'm pretty sure you're around 70?" She looked offended meanwhile her other two friends cackled and wheezed.

"Well, aren't you going to be hold my hand while I get out from this lane?" I let out my hand for her to hold. She smiled innocently. I grinned back and attached her hand onto the metal bars of the ladder.

"Live long Ma'am! Bye!" I saluted her before walking away. I watched as Wonpil laughed vigorously from the other side of the pool. I went back to my seat and observed the pool once again. I supported my head with my palm as I drummed my fingers to a beat I came up with out of nowhere.

The pool was decorated with laughter mixed with chatters of joy. Children playing 'Mermaid Catching' as the rest competed against others with their swimming skills. Parents nearby were either on their phones or awkwardly encouraging their children to be more socially active.

I watched as one girl walked up to the other groups, asking if she could join their game. They scoffed before refusing, pointing at her stomach. I frowned upon seeing that. Just when I thought things could get worse, they pushed her away and swam away with bright smiles plastered on their faces.