Chapter 7

Chapter 7 - Brooke’s POV:

 Brandon was holding his hand out to me. I took it and he basically yanked me up, causing me to go off balance. I didn’t fall over, I just wobbled a bit. “Oops, sorry bout that.” Brandon chuckled a little and scratched his head.

“No, it’s ok.” We kind of stood in an awkward silence for a little while, not sure of what to say next.

“Didn’t you have a dance top like that when you were younger?” Brandon was now looking at Kenzie who was wearing a orange crop-top with matching booty shorts. 

“Oh yeah, it was my old one, I grew out of it and gave it to Paige, then when Paige grew out of it we gave it to Kenzie. How do you remember things like that?” I was kind of shocked, I didn’t expect Brandon to remember what dance clothes I wore when I was younger. 

Brandon actually blushed and looked down at the floor while as he spoke. “I don’t know, I gue”-

“GIRLS AND BRANDON, no more talking. Time to run the routine.” Abby interrupted Brandon. We went to the side of the room, pretending that we were offstage. When the music started we went on and started to dance. When I got up to the partner work with Brandon, I started to get nervous again. I don’t know why I felt like this. I was avoiding eye contact with him. Abby obviously saw this because she said “BROOKE, LOOK AT BRANDON.” I decided that it was safe to look at him. I mean this dance is not like  ‘snapshot,’ in this dance we weren’t falling in love. It was just a high energy jazz routine. The minute I looked at him a small smirk appeared on Brandon’s face. I felt all flustered. I tried to keep eye contact with him but it was really hard. Whenever I looked at him when we were dancing I felt like I was going to forget the dance. But I didn’t. I wasn’t missing a single beat. We were coming up to my side ariel while I held Brandon’s hand. Once I grabbed his hand it was too much for me. I’m not really sure why, but I still held onto his hand. Determined not to let go. When I went into the ariel I started doubting myself. This was a new experience for me. Ariels are easy for me. Why am I getting nervous? My question was answered when my foot slipped on the floor and I fell straight on my butt. It kind of reminded me of when Maddie did the spanish dance on the gym floor and she fell. The music suddenly stopped.

“Are you ok Brooke?” Brandon knelt beside me. His voice was full of concern. I’m not going to lie. My hip did hurt. But I didn’t want to look weak.

“I’m fine, I am going to go get a drink.” My voice was barley a whisper. And with that I walked out of the studio and into the dancers den. I sat down on the floor and put my head in my hands. I just embarrassed myself in front of everyone. I heard Studio A’s door swing open.

“Are you sure your ok Brooke? That was a pretty hard fall.” A very familiar voice said to me.