2

I kicked open the door to the Curtis home, not caring if I woke anyone.

"Dallas you can't just kick the door open- OH MY GOD!" Soda squealed, overreacting a little too much.

"Claire?!" Johnny stood up who was next to Ponyboy. His face was horrified and Pony's was filled with fear.

"Yeah." Was all I said, Johnny and Ponyboy got up from the couch so I could lay Claire down.

Darry came out with the first aid kit and fixed Claire up, leaving her on the couch to get rest and the gang to try and continue their whereabouts.

I looked at Claire's face that had tears slipping down her cheeks. I grabbed her hand gently so I didn't wake her, sounds weird but Soda had to do mouth to mouth so she had oxygen.

"Dal, she's gonna be fine." Steve pointed out and he saw me guarding her like a fuzz dog.

"How do you know, man?!" I raised my voice, which accidentally made Johnny flinch. I gave Johnny that look showing I'm sorry, I could never say it with everyone around or they would think I went soft.

"Because Soda did mouth to mouth, Darry made sure there wasn't any severe cuts, and you are holding her hand, actually caring." Ponyboy pointed out, everyone looked at my hand holding hers, luckily they didn't make any smart remark.

"Man, you don't know if she's dead or not!" I said to Pony, he gave up and looked back at Mickey Mouse that Two-Bit put on- as usual.

Claire's POV:

I woke up coughing liquid that I guess was water. I kept my eyes closed because it was pretty bright out now, it was slightly cold but that was because I was almost killed underwater.

I went to feel the probably wet grass but I had to squeezed anything I had near me because of the pain in my ribs when Bob pushed me down.

"Claire? Claire you're ok." I heard a voice that almost sounded like Bob, soft and gentle. I struggled to get out of his grasp, thinking he was trying to kill me again.

"BOB GO AWAY!" I then screamed so he let go but he didn't, I got to weak and gave up. I opened my eyes and I did my nasty habit of holding my breath. "Dally." I pulled him in and hugged him tight, scared to death.

"Claire you're at the Curtis' house, everyone is asleep. Or...was." He told me calmly.

"Wait...but...Bob-"

"Tried drowning my kid sister." Johnny said, pissed for the first time since the soc incedent.

"How am I?" I asked but was cut off by Dally explaining to me what happened, Soda gave me mouth to mouth, Darry made sure I didn't need to go to the hospital.

"Thanks guys." I smiled at everyone who was in the room. I started to sit up but the pain in my ribs were unbearable, I winced a little but didn't show my pain. I thought for a moment and looked up at Dallas.

"How did you know Bob was drowning me?" I asked. No one answered. "Hello?!" I said, trying to get them to answer.

"Dallas followed you because he saw Bob hurt you." Johnny spoke up, back to his old scared self.

"Johnny!" Dallas yelled at him but didn't continue because Johnny flinched, giving the look he gave my father when they separated us.