Chapter 6 - Possiblilties

Normal POV

“Jeez, they've been in there an awful long time.”

Aoi looked at Kai with worry. This was longer than what he'd expect of his younger colleague... It had been easily a good thirty minutes at most. Maybe even longer, he had no idea of really knowing.

“Perhaps he is just... making sure... uh everything is in order,” Kai suggested, stubbing out his 6th half smoked cigarette. “You know how he is. Perfectionist drama queen.”

“Hmm, maybe...”

Still. He couldn't shake the feeling that something was up. It wasn't the first time his gut told him this sort of thing. It was just a small feeling, deep in the pit of his stomach, screaming at him and telling him that everything was most certainly not 'okay' at that moment. Hiro showed signs of nerves as well, as he could not stop pacing back and forth constantly in front of the door.

“Maybe I should just check on him. I have a feeling something is up,” Aoi murmurs and stands up. “I'll uh, be right back.”

With that unsettling feeling growing worse he slowly walks back to the lab, afraid of what he might find back there.

The lab lights were out. And that enough told him he was right about this odd feeling. It was cold, and when he tried the switch on the wall had no luck whatsoever. But the thing he was more worried about was the two way mirror. It was deactivated, presumably from the inside... Something was going on in there that they didn't want anyone to know.

He began to panic of course; how else was he supposed to react?

“Ruki?” He calls, hoping the speakers worked. No answer. He tried turning the speakers and the microphone on and off, then reactivate the mirror. Still nothing. “Ruki!”

He kept calling and calling even though he knew very well that he wouldn't get an answer.

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=

“Rei! What are you doing?”

He was being bear hugged against Reita's chest tightly, almost suffocating.

“Just.... little, longer,” came a muffled response while the tall blonde nuzzled against Ruki's neck. “Just... Just...”

He sighed and hugged back, smiling just a little bit. Such a child Reita was sometimes.

“I know, I know. Now, let me go silly, we have to go back now.”

“...Okay,” he consents and lets Ruki go.

“Good boy,” Ruki says and walks past him after catching his breath. “Come on. Lets go. They must be wondering where we are.”

He pressed the button on the door to turn the mirror and speakers on, only to nearly have the life scared out of him. Aoi was pounding on the window furiously and shouting his name. The raven haired stopped suddenly, blinking for a few seconds before shouting loudly.

“Ruki! Ruki, open the door!”

“All right all right! Clam down Aoi!”

Ruki grimaced and left the lab with Reita behind him. Aoi assaulted him with questions as soon as he was out the door.

“What the hell happened in there!? Why was the mirror disabled? Why wouldn't you answer me??”

“Aoi calm down I just needed to talk to Reita for a little bit. No big deal.”

Aoi frowned and crossed his arms, his eyes swimming with worry.

“Well... if you're really okay, then... Hiro still wants to talk to you. Hurry up and get in there!” He yells and swiftly exits. Ruki flinches before following with his android in tow.