Prolouge

"Jackson!"

My legs hurt as my feet couldn't walk any faster than they already were.

The perfect day to wear stilettos, right?

My shouts went unheard as Jackson continued to ignore me and I went on to chase him in the busy school hallway.

"Jackson...Jackson stop!" I demanded, stomping my feet like a spoiled five-year-old, causing the kids in the hallway to look at me oddly. I sighed and continued with my quest to get Jackson to talk to me.

"Jackson I'm talking to you. Stop walking!" I yelled out of frustration.

Seeing as that wasn't helping either I finally decided to take my silver stilettos off and ran the rest of the way to Jackson ignoring the stares I was getting.

After finally catching up with him, I pulled him by his sweatshirt collar and pushed him onto a nearby locker.

"You listen to me and you listen to me well," I threatened in a low tone, "Do you know who I am? I'm the reason why you're still alive and breathing here! And all I ask is that you just listen to me."

Staring at me seemingly indifferent about my sudden outburst, he slowly peeled my fingers one by one off his collar.

"Rebecca how many times do I have to tell you that I don't care about how rich you are, your social status, how beautiful you are, or how many people let you walk over them? I'm not afraid of you no matter how hard you try to make me feel that way. You're just another ordinary person to me, nothing more nothing less."

A moment of silence falls between us and he sighed when he saw a single tear escape from my eyes and rolled down my cheek.

Ignoring the pain I felt at his choice of words, I brushed my blonde hair over my shoulder while maintaining eye contact, trying to look as unbothered as possible.

"I don't know who you think you are but you will not speak that way-"

"Speak to you what way Becca," He yelled, the irritation he felt, evident in his voice. I watched as his brunette hair framed his hazel eyes.

"Defending myself? Not letting you intimate me, is that what you're talking about? Well, news flash Becca I'm not the same nerdy Jackson you thought you could get to jump to your commands! Just because my feelings aren't mutual about you, does not mean you can take your anger out on everybody else. I'm sorry to introduce you to reality Becca, but the world doesn't work that way."

"For the last time I don't love you okay," I pleaded to convince myself more than I was to him. I winced at the slight tremble in my voice.

"You claim that you don't love me yet you write these stupid love letters about your feelings for me!"

"Yes Becca I've seen the letters," he continued once he saw the astounded look on my face.

"I-I  don't know what you're talking-"

"Please Becca.
Get your life sorted out and stay out of mine."

And with that, he walked away from me...

He walked away from what we could have been.