Chapter 3

Rebecca's P.O.V

Do you know what I hate?

The fact that my family members assume that they can get comfortable in my house.

Don't get me wrong, I love my family and I want them to be comfortable but it's just that sometimes they get too comfortable; Like overstepping their boundaries comfortable.

That's exactly what I'm not looking forward to right now. I was just informed that my Aunt and her stuck-up family will be joining us for dinner tonight.

I don't think anyone was excited to see her as much as my mom. I can't blame her though, it's her sister after all. I guess she's the only one who doesn't see how full of herself her sister is. I think it's because they're both full of themselves. In modern terms, they're just plain boujee.

All the family members I have on my mother's side, appear to have let wealth get to their heads. Dad thinks it's because they've been handling money their whole life, so eventually, it just makes their head bigger. I don't think that's the reason why though, because ever since I was born, all I've seen is money and I'm not like that..... Well, a little bit but not a lot.

Anyway my Aunt and her family are supposed to arrive in a few minutes and I'm honestly dreading the moment.

I stomped up the stairs to my mom's room with my blood practically boiling. At this point, if anyone dared to even look at me, I'd whack them dead in the face. I still can't believe she invited them here.

"Do they have to be here?"

My mom abruptly peeked up from her laptop and at me before sighing. Her bob-length blonde hair swayed, as she sat up to gaze at me.

"What is it now Rebecca?"

Sometimes I'm surprised my mom still puts up with me for so many years. Even I know I can be a handful at times but I won't admit that.

"Why do they have to come here?" I whined plopping down on my mom's bed with her.

She looked up at me once again with her radiant hazel eyes and caressed my cheek softly. "Because sweetie, they have nowhere else to stay. They didn't get a chance to book a hotel room."

I could not hide my bewildered expression at my mother's words. "Why not? They have money. Hell, they could buy their hotel if they wanted to," I reasoned using dramatic hand gestures.

She nodded considering my opinions, "You're right, but I didn't give them a chance to because I invited them here."

"Well, why would you do something like that!" I blurted hopping up from her bed. I plummeted right back down on her bed when I saw the face she was giving me.

"Young lady I don't know who you think you're talking to, maybe you think I'm one of your little friends to speak to me like that but I am your mother; are we clear?" She raised a perfectly arched eyebrow. Her surprisingly steady tone caused the hairs on my skin to stand at attention.

"Yes ma'am," I sauntered to the door, pausing to peer back at my mom, "Elizabeth can stay in my room if she wants to."

She nodded and went back to working on her laptop, "Now that's like my little angel."