Thirteen

"That movie was amazing!" Felix cheered as he held Sydney's hand tightly. "We should do this again."

"Yeah. I was really fun, " she admitted as the walked into the darkness of the night and away from the lights of town.

The night was warm and the bright moon and twinkling stars seemed to add on to the cosy feeling of the hour.

Felix leaned closer to Sydney and heaved a long, satisfied sigh.

"What?" She laughed as she looked over at him.

"I'm just... So happy, you know? I haven't felt like this in so long."

Sydney smirked.

"And is it because of a specific someone?" She nudged his shoulder.

"Actually, yes. If it wasn't for Jisung, I would never have seen that movie. I need to pay him back when I return."

Sydney scoffed and rolled her eyes.

"Remind me why I'm going out with you."

"Simple, if it wasn't for me, you'd be rotting underneath the ground right now."

She rolled her eyes once more.

"I wish I was."

"Hey, watch what you say. It could actually happen." He held her hand. "You know I really appreciate you and thanks for going to the movies with me. It wouldn't have been as perfect if you hadn't."

Sydney smiled to herself.

"Thanks Fe. And thanks for inviting me. It really made me feel better after whatever the heck happened at work today."

"Yeah. I can't belive I was hired though. I didn't even apply for it and yet I got a summer job."

"Hey, you were the one who said he wanted to get paid."

He sighed.

"I was joking. Tori wasnt meant to take it seriously... But at least the rest of the boys will be there too... And, of course, you'll be there."

Sydney scoffed as she playfully pushed him away.

By this point, they were already approaching her house. Felix had insisted on taking her home and wouldn't have it any other way.

"So, what time does work start tomorrow?"

"Half seven. But let Chris know he may have to come earlier so we can make a whole bunch of desserts."

Felix nodded as they came to a halt. They were in front of her house now.

"Am I allowed to come earlier too?"

Sydney cocked an eyebrow at him.

"Why would you?"

He shrugged.

"There's nothing to do indoors."

"Will you even be awake at seven?"

"Seungmin has his ways."

Sydney laughed.

"Is he like your alarm clock?"

"Yes and no. Most of the time I'm already awake because of Hyunjin's stinking alarm but if I'm not, he wakes me up. Anyways, I bet you have to go in now. See you tomorrow."

"Bye."

He kissed her cheeks and smiled softly before walking off.

Sydney watched. Never before had she been so whipped for a boy.

***

"Kim, let me get that, " Callum outstretched his arms, trying to grab the glass jug she was holding.

"I'm fine, Callum. I got this."

"You are going to drop it, now give it to-"

She dropped it.

"What the heck is happening in here?" Tori growled as she stormed in.

Kim sighed.

"Sorry."

"It's alright. I should have known not to buy the glass one. Chris, help Callum clean up, please. Perth, Kim, could you help me out front with cleaning the coffee machines? And Felix, there's a spare jug in the storage room, could you please get it?"

Everyone nodded and went to do their required job.

"So how was the movie last night?" Kim asked when it was only the three girl cleaning the coffee machines.

"It was alright. Not really my cup of tea but Felix seemed to enjoy it so I liked it," she replied truthfully.

"Aw, that's so cringy," Tori pretended to throw up.

"Just because you're single doesn't mean you have to be a grinch," Kim laughed.

Tori glared.

"Seems like everyone has forgotten how it feels to be single, huh? It's not fun. I have to buy myself flowers and chocolate, " she sighed. "You wouldn't understand..."

Both girls roared with laughter as Tori pouted. She continued the rest of the cleaning in silence as she recalled the last time she actually had a significant other.