Seventeen

The front door slammed behind him. All of his friends sat in the living room. They were waiting for his return. But Felix didn't care. He stormed up to his room with tears decorating his sorrowful face.

Once he was in his room, he erupted in tears and cried loudly. The eight other boys could hear him from downstairs, all listening in surprise and sympathy.

Chris turned to Woojin.

"You know what we have to do."

And he did. They walked up and entered the boy's room together despite his orders not to. Chris instantly pulled him into a warm, loving hug. Woojin joined in seconds later and they waited together for Felix to calm down enough to explain what happened in detail.

Sydney didn't have a group of friends waiting for her when she arrived home. She just walked in there on and went straight up to her room where endless curses fell from her lips. She really messed it up this time.

Seconds turned to minutes and minutes turned to hours yet she still sat down at her windowsill, head in hands and she repeated how dumb she was.

The night was dark and gloomier than usual. The moon had a great way of seeming like perfect company yet on this cold night, she felt more lonely than ever. Even the stars seemed to stop twinkling for her. As if everything was giving her the silent treatment.

After waiting for another hour, she grabbed the keys on her bedside table and headed out. It had to be past midnight by now but Sydney was still walking past houses in her pyjamas until finally, she made it outside the café.

The warm, welcoming aura it often gave her was now replaced with the memory of the kiss. The kiss that reminded her of Tori's words. She said not to mess it up and she did just that.

Locking the door behind her, Sydney headed to the back and made herself a cup of chamomile tea. At least sleep would help her forget even if it was only for a moment. She softly sipped on the beverage as she stared at the back of the wall.

Felix's hurt look, his trembling voice, his teary eyes and his desperate kiss. All of it made her feel worse and worse until the taste of the chamomile was unbeatable for her body and all she could do was break out into a crying mess. The night passed before her but never once did she stop crying.

She was taken out of her messy state at around five o'clock when she was interrupted by a knock on the café door. She turned to it only to see Chris with a sympathetic look on his face.

Sydney unlocked it for him and he pulled her to the counter.

"Why don't you tell what exactly happened?" He asked.

"Ask Felix, " she mumbled as she took a sip of her now cold chamomile tea.

"I did, " he took the cup away from her. "But I want your half."

He spilt the contents of the cup into the sink and boiled the kettle again, making her a fresh cup of tea.

"I'm an idiot, Chris. That's all there is to it."

"There has to be more. Just say. I'm not picking sides."

She watched him make her the cup of tea and mentally cursed herself again. Why did she have to have such perfect friends? Couldn't the world have punished her?

"I got myself into thinking that he would just leave me to get with someone else. That thought made me forget how much I liked him. So I wanted to end it off but... He kissed me and reminded me that I was the one ruining the relationship..."

Chris poured the tea into a takeaway mug and handed it to her.

"You go to bed," he told her. "Think over it a bit then go tell him exactly what you just said to me, got it? Because I can assure you that he is crying his heart out in his bedroom as we speak. I'll talk to Tori. She'll understand the reason for the break."

Sydney glanced at the tea then back to Chris.

"You don't have to do this. In fact, don't. I don't deserve this."

Chris helped her off the seat and dragged her to the door.

"You made a mistake. Everyone does that. Now go back home and rest. Take the day off."