Fifteen

As promised, the café closed early that day. However, instead of heading out right away, the employees lingered in the shop as they talked amongst themselves.

Sydney was talking to Noah and Olivia about how coffee was first made when Felix plopped himself down beside her and wrapped himself around her arm like a child. His head was placed on her shoulder and his eyes slowly closed.

Unsurprisingly, Sydney instantly turned red, earning knowing looks from her two friends in front of her.

It was clear he had no intention of joining the conversation or even ending it, he was just exhausted and needed some rest. He stayed quiet and just listened as Sydney went on and on about what she's passionate about. He would take mental notes here and there but before he could make sense out of all of them, he was in a deep sleep.

"Looks like your koala over there is dead asleep," Ava chuckled as she pointed at Felix. Now everyone was staring at them.

Sydney felt awkward having all of Felix's closest friends stared at her, all with smirks on their faces.

"I'm never going to let him live this down," Minho uttered as he pulled out his phone and took a quick picture.

They only focused on them for a few more seconds before everyone went back to their previous conversations.

"So when's the date?" Olivia finally asked as the room went loud again.

"Huh?"

"When are you guys going out on a date?"

"I don't know. It was supposed to be tomorrow but I think we'll both be too tired for that..." Sydney glanced at Felix's face. He looked so peaceful and innocent.

Noah smiled.

"Who would have guessed?" He asked. "Felix Lee and Sydney Smith. A match made in heaven."

Sydney scoffed.

"As if. He'll probably find another person later on. Someone who isn't simply a barista. He's famous, he can get with anyone he wants."

Noah and Olivia shared a look.

"Fame doesn't make a person any less human. Love is rare. He can get with anyone he wants, yes, but he can't love just anyone. And he loves you," Olivia explained

"Love is fake," Sydney muttered.

"Then what exactly is going on with you and Felix?"

"I don't know. Crushing, maybe."

"Who hurt you as a child?" Noah asked. "What makes tout think love doesn't exist?"

She shrugged.

"I don't know. I just don't think it does."

Things went quiet after that and soon enough, people started to leave and go in their own directions.

Chris approached Felix and woke him up.

"Come on, we have to go. We have to film the hide and seek episode today, " he told the younger boy.

Felix simply snuggled closer to Sydney, breathing in her perfume.

"Felix, you can cuddle with your girl layer, we need to go now. Everyone's waiting."

"I'll catch up."

Chris looked up at Sydney, pleading her to knock some sense into him.

"Fe, please go. We'll see each other tomorrow. You need to go film, " she told him.

After another minute, he finally detached himself from her and stared into her eyes.

"All I wanted to do all day was hold you close and the only time I get to, you push me away?"

"Look, I just don't want to get between your work."

"Forget work, I just want to stay with you."

"Felix, please just go."

He stared at her for a couple more moments, looking rejected before agreeing a walking out with the other boys.

Sydney remained in café long after everyone had left. The only person with her was the manager.

Tori made two quick mugs of coffee and headed towards the younger girl then placed one on either end of the table.

"Things going well with Felix or is everything crashing down on you?"

Sydney gulped down some on the coffee and heaved a sigh.

"I don't even know anymore. When we first started things, it was so much fun. I wanted to be with him all the time. But now it feels like what I felt for him before is fading."

Tori reached over the table and pushed a few loose hair strands out if her face.

"Get some rest, Syd. And if that doesn't help, talk to him. I can see it in his eyes, you mean the world to him. Don't let overthinking ruin that."