Wattpad Original
Mayroong 5 pang mga libreng parte

Chapter Two

He stepped inside his office and sat on his black swivel chair. He pushed the intercom and asked for his executive assistant to come inside his office. As the Senior Vice President for Operations of the Madrigal Hotel Company, Lawrence had a lot of things on his head to start his day. But first things first, he needed to make sure one thing was in order.

"Lisa, what's my itinerary for today?" he asked as he flipped open some folders and began scanning the pages.

Isa-isang binanggit ng kanyang executive assistant ang kanyang mga scheduled meetings and appointments. "...And I received a call that the ring is ready?" Lisa asked with one eyebrow raised.

Ngumiti lamang si Lawrence. Matagal nang nagtatrabaho sa kanya si Lisa kaya naman kumportable na si Lawrence na ipaalam ang mga plano niya kay Lisa. "Yes, Lisa. I will be proposing to Vanessa tomorrow night."

Lumapit si Lisa sa boss nito at kinuha ang mga folders matapos pirmahan ni Lawrence and mga ito. "And how come ako ang huling nakaalam? Secretaries should be the one to know the news first before it hits the floor," pabirong sabi ni Lisa. "You want me to clear your schedule for tomorrow afternoon? Baka kailangan mo ng enough time to prepare. Is it going to be over dinner? Do you want me to give the restaurant a call to make the arrangements?"

Natawa nang malakas si Lawrence. "Mukhang ikaw yata ang mas excited kaysa sa 'kin."

"Kasi naman it's about time na mag-propose ka na sa kanya. You've been together for over three years already. And you've been working so hard for your dad's company. You deserve to settle down and be happy."

"I know," pagsang-ayon ni Lawrence. "And it took me over a year before I fell in love with her."

"Yes Lawrence, I know your love story. Madalas mo nga ikuwento sa akin 'yan. Vanessa had a huge crush on you and she asked your cousin James to set her a date with you. At sa kakakulit niya sa 'yo, eventually, you fell in love with her, asked her to be your girlfriend and the rest is history."

"You're well versed with my life than my father."

"Of course, Law. I'm your secretary," sagot ni Lisa sabay kibit-balikat. "So the arrangements for dinner? You want me to make some calls?"

Umiling si Lawrence at tumayo sa kinauupunan. "No need, Lisa. I already made the arrangements." Tinungo niya ang glass window at pinagmasdan mula sa ikalimampung palapag ang kabuoan ng Bonifacio Global City kung saan naroroon ang kanilang headquarters. "Everything is all set. I'm going to be the happiest man by tomorrow night."

Gaya ng nabanggit ni Lisa, tatlong taon nang magkarelasyon sina Lawrence at Vanessa. No'ng una, ayaw niyang patulan ang blind date na si-net ng kanyang pinsan na si James Madrigal. He had no time for dates and distractions. Ngunit mapilit si James, kaya pumayag na rin siya sa kalaunan. The first time he met Vanessa, nakukulitan siya rito. Vanessa was lovely; she was a newbie actress on her road to fame that time. Pero ang kulit nito after their first date—always sending him text messages, unannounced visits to his office... Hanggang sa nakita niya ang sweet side nito at 'di kalaunan, niligawan na rin niya si Vanessa.

Ngayon, isa nang highly paid and sought after actress si Vanessa. And despite of her busy schedule, she still managed to become the affectionate and sweet woman that he knew her to be. Nakokonsenya nga lang si Lawrence nitong mga nakaraang buwan. For the past six months, he became busy with his work since the company decided to expand. As a result, minsanan na lang sila magkita ni Vanessa, dagdag pa ang tight schedule ng nobya. Kaya medyo nagtatampo si Vanessa dahil nawawalan na raw si Lawrence ng oras para sa kanya. But he was going to change that. With his surprise for her tomorrow night, and knowing Vanessa to be a romantic at heart, surely mawawala ang tampo nito sa kanya.