The New Student

Chapter 8 - The New Student

One Week later...

It had been a week since I got introduced to Jeremy and a week since Spring Break had started which meant that today was the first day of school after Spring Break. Unlike other teenagers who probably had crazy parties and went on crazy adventures; Daniel, Jeremy and I hung out at each others homes all throughout Spring Break. We watched movies, talked about the cousins' past, ate ice cream, went bowling and did every other lazy thing we could do in seven days.

Jeremy and Daniel really rekindled their relationship unlike the many other relationships that fade with time. In this one week, Jeremy and I got pretty close, though in a very platonic way. Now that school is starting I'm definitely going to miss Jeremy and all the fun that comes along with him.

"Hey stupid." Dan said while I was tying my shoelaces.

"Oh hey, when did you get here?" I asked, looking at my watch perplexed at his sudden arrival.

"Are you really that ignorant? Your mom opened the door like five seconds ago and you even looked up." he said, looking at me like I was crazy.

"Shut up. I was kinda day dreaming. Excuse me for being lost in my thoughts." I retorted.

"Can you just be done getting ready? I don't really want to be late to school on the first day back. Besides, I really have to get to the library."

"Okay okay! I'm done. See?" I said, pointing to myself and proceeding to walk towards Danny. We sat in his car and drove to school belting out the lyrics to 'All The Young Dudes' by Mott the Hoople. It was kind of our song. Once we parked and got out of the car, I was immediately greeted by Hugh.

"Hey babe." Hugh said, smiling at me.

"Not this early Hugh. Just go away. I don't need you to ruin this perfectly good day for me." I replied, rolling my eyes. He rolled his eyes back at me and was about to say something when he got interrupted by Kate.

"Hey there Letticia" Kate said, grinning at me. Letticia was a name given by this little boy I met when I was about five years old. I never knew his name, but his mother always called him 'lapochka'. He had decided that he didn't want to call me Violet and instead he chose to create a new name for me stemming from the last three letters of my name. He really was a weird kid, but he was fun. He lived in Russia and every time he visited his grandmother, he visited me too. He was almost like a pen friend though I never kept contact with him when he wasn't here. His visits came to an abrupt halt when his grandmother passed away and I never saw him since.

"Letticia? Really? Wow. It's been so long since I heard that one." I replied with a grin on my face.

"Huh? Letticia? What?" Hugh asked scrunching up his face in confusion.

"It's nothing Hugh, never mind." I said and turned to Kate "By the way, I have a date with Kiki today." I told her with a proud grin on my face. Kate looked at me in confusion and asked, "Kiki as in my sister Kiki?"

"How many other Kikis do you know of that I do too smart stuff?"

"What the hell? She's here? How come I didn't know this?" Kate replied, annoyance clearly seeping into her face.

"Well it's probably because you were such a bitch to her the last time you guys spoke." I replied pointedly.

"Please. That was like three weeks ago. She needs to learn to get over stupid stuff." She replied, rolling her eyes.

"Well you need to be nicer now that she's pregnant and everything."

"Pregnant?! Okay what? Just because I was mean to her a few weeks back does not mean she doesn't tell me that she's pregnant. I'm her sister, her blood and she tells you first?!" By now Kate was screaming. To the people who we're looking at us I'm sure it looked like a very cliche popular-girl-nerd-girl confrontation but it wasn't. Hugh was still standing there trying to process everything that he had just learned and was trying his best to put two and two together.