Notice before the story

Warning: this story includes various difficult topics, including, but not limited to self-harm, suicide, self-destructive thoughts, mistreatment of incarcerated individuals, homicide/murder, implied rape, and nearly all of the characters have extreme mental illnesses that have affected their lives greatly.

I mention this as both a trigger warning and as a notice.

If you are sensitive to these topics, please proceed with caution. If you believe that any part of this story needs a specific trigger warning at the beginning, please write a comment or send me a PM.

Next, if you are looking for a story that glorifies mental illness or any of the other topics listed, this is not the story that you are looking for. As previously mentioned, mental illnesses are deadly diseases that negatively affect millions of people every day. They are not attractive or personality traits.

This story was written due in part to my horror upon people seeing mentally ill persons as "attractive" in stories, and also due in part to my strong belief in giving incarcerated individuals suffering from mental illness a life that is worth living.

You are welcome to freely express your own thoughts and beliefs in the comments sections, but please keep these things in mind.

Thank you very much.