chapter five

CECILIA
Adriana's Baptism

  SMILES COVERED BOTH OF THEIR FACES AS THEY STOOD WATCHING THEIR GODDAUGHTER BE BAPTIZED

  SMILES COVERED BOTH OF THEIR FACES AS THEY STOOD WATCHING THEIR GODDAUGHTER BE BAPTIZED. Cecilia's niece —Adriana — was being baptized and her half-sister Rosa had chosen Dean and her as the godparents.

Dean loved Cecilia's family which is why he had accepted to be the godfather, but he didn't know that he had to take classes to be go through the "Confirmation". Cecilia had already been through that so she decided to accompany to the classes.

It had resulted in it being their little fun activity. Quite frankly Dean didn't like the whole religion thing, but he would do anything for Cecilia. So if going to some classes about Christianity would make her happy, he would attend.

So after weeks of going to those classes, he had finally finished his "Confirmation". And now they stood inside the church going through with baby Adriana's baptism.

The priest finished baptizing Adriana and they all went to sit down. Dean watched in awe as Rosa handed Cecilia, Adriana, for her to carry. An involuntary smile took place on his face as the infant started laughing at the faces Cecilia was doing.

The baby started doing a gurgling sound, popping bubbles in her mouth and Cecilia smiled at her placing a kiss on Adriana's nose. Dean passed his arm over her shoulders bringing her towards him and placing a kiss on the top of Cecilia's head.

Cecilia turned to look at him and smiled, giving him a peck on the lips. He turned to look at the baby and smirk. Adriana looked at him with curious eyes.

"See that, Adriana. You'll never get to kiss a guy until your thirty, because as your godfather I'm going to shoo them away." He told Adriana, the infant looked at him furrowing her almost nonexistent eyebrows before laughing. Cecilia looked over at Dean as he looked at Adriana, an inexplicable look on her face.

After they had left the church they made their to the baptism party that Rosa was having. The whole time there, Cecilia was looking uneasy which was making him very nervous until he finally had enough of it and pulled her to the side as she was having a conversation with her grandmother Beatriz.

She looked at him confused. "What?" She asked him.

"What's wrong with you?" He asked her, she looked at him offended, she was definitely not expecting that.

"I'm sorry?" She asked with appalled.

"I didn't mean it like that. I'm just trying to see if your okay, you were so happy at the church and now you look nervous." He told her, she breathed deeply and chuckled.

"You know me so well." She told him a joyful smile, but she dialed it down a bit before speaking again. "I'm just worried about something. Don't worry about it." She told him, trying not to give it much attention.

"Well I do worry about it, because whatever concerns you, concerns me." He told her an apprehensive look on his face.

"Don't worry about it." She told him, this time looking deeply into his eyes before walking away leaving him alone.