3

(Jermaine ^)

Devin

I wake up coming to an instant realization that it was because of the front door slamming shut.

I knew it was Kenya.

I wrapped my robe tighter and tied it walking out of my room.

"What the fuck Kenya? I been blowing you up all fucking morning! You where suppose to be here before 2!" I yell

She rubs her head and closes her eyes.

"And not to fucking mention you left me with Bryce. He was drunk as fuck and could've fucking raped me." I continue, letting my anger & frustration out

"Stop bitchin' Devin I gotta headache." She rubs her head and turns off the light in the living room

"Girl fuck that headache. You left me alone for some dick."

"I asked you if it was okay Devin." She says

"What the fuck was i suppose to say?! I already told you I wasn't comfortable going with Bryce and instead of taking me home you take Jermaine's broke ass home!"

"Chill with the yelling." She groans flopping down on the couch

"So you don't care?" I cross my arms completely fed up

"I'm sorry Devin is that what you want to hear?"

"Some best friend you are." I turn my back and walk back into the room. Fuck her.

..

I admit I got a little cuter for class than i usually would. Just to impress Mr.Powers. I couldn't help replaying our car ride conversation in the car last night. It was like something out of movie. Why would this fine ass man want to protect me? Maybe he was just doing what he felt was right as my professor. But why would he walk me all the way go the door. He was probably just a gentlemen.

I debated like this with myself until I reached his classroom.

I pushed through the doors looking for him. The classroom was filled with students but no teacher. I found my usual seat and waited patiently. Childishly doodling his name over and over again on a blank sheet of paper in my notebook.

The door pushed open finally 5 minutes after class is suppose to start. It was him just as handsome as yesterday rushing in and setting his bag down.

"Thanks for being patient with me I had a little bit of car trouble this morning." He says to the class

He starts with todays lecture and five minutes in the doors quietly open again and Kandace walks in.

It doesn't take a rocket science to figure out they came here together but tried to come in a different times.

I roll my eyes and stare daggers into the back of Kandace's head.

Lucky bitch.

Mr. Powers made appropriate eye contact with me the whole class period. Not a smile or wink or anything my way. Just a normal teacher teaching. Like yesterday never happened. Or maybe it just didn't mean anything to him. Maybe I didn't mean as much as i thought I did. But we only had just met yesterday. What did I expect for him to be sweeping me off my feet? Pathethic.

Class ended in due time and again  I was  the last one out and Kandace was before me. I watched her walk up to his desk & him smile at her as she talked to him.

Was it so bad that I wanted to bang her face into his desk? I mean jealousy is a normal human emotion to feel. Maybe mine was a little extreme though.

I walked out undetected & with my cute outfit completely unnoticed. I sighed making my way back to the dorm.

"Aye Devin?"

I turned my head to see Jermaine jogging up next to me.

"Um Jermaine? What do you want?" I don't even look towards him

"I just wanted to talk to you about last night."

I roll my eyes in response and continue walking speeding up the pace

"I just wanted to say Devin I'm sorry. Devin-"

I keep walking ignoring him.

"Devin please hear me out." He says grabbing my arms and turning him towards me

I wince snatching my arms away as he pushes down on the sore parts Bryce left.

"Im sorry Bryce acted like that last night. Thats not how someone as beautiful as you should be treated."

"What?" I pause furrowing my eyebrows

"Im just saying it was wrong for Bryce to act like that especially-"

"Jermaine whats your point? What are you getting at exactly? "

"I wanna take you on a date."

"You having to be fucking kidding me." I pause

"No I'm not kidding you." He says with a serious face shoving his hands into his pockets with a shrug

"Okay so let me get this straight Jermaine. You want me to go on a date with the nigga who just fucked my roommate. Yeah sure lets hop on a fucking space ship and eat brunch on Jupiter." I adjust my purse turning to walk away again

"Devin yo!" He stops me again and now I'm starting to get agitated

"We didn't even do anything. I swear to you. She passed out drunk in my bed. I couldn't take advantage of a female like that."

I seen the sparkle in his big brown eyes and those cute dimples it almost made it a little harder to say no.

"No."

I turned on my heels and walk away.

To be continued