Breaking

The next morning I went downstairs to get some coffee and Daniel was on the phone so I stood eavesdropping.

"I don't know what's going on with her, since yesterday she seemed distant." He said then there was a pause.

"Maybe, she is cheating on me. I don't see it and I trust her so so much but..." It sounded like he was crying "I don't know any more." It broke me to hear him hurting like that so I went to the stairs and stomped on them so it sounded like I just came down and walked into the kitchen.

He was wiping his tears when I walked in "Look, Mom I got to go. I love you." He hung up and looked at me and started to walk away.

"Wait, Ba- Daniel." I said looking at him.

"What?" He said turning around reluctantly.

"Are you doing anything with the boys today?"

"No."

"Can we have a day to us... please? I think we have things to talk about cause clearly you and I both are going through things that are pulling us apart from each other and I don't feel confortable with what's going on."

"Sure, I agree."

"Okay." I got my coffee and then went upstairs to get dressed in sweatpants and a cropped sweatshirt. I went down stairs and sat on the couch across from Daniel and handed him a gift that I got him to tell him I was pregnant.

"What's this?" He asked.

"My explanation for the way I've been acting."

"Oh," He opened it and read it and started crying. I got up and went and sat by him and hugged him. "Are you serious?" He said looking at me.

"Yea." He picked me up and put me on his lap and cried into my chest.

"Baby, don't cry."

"I'm going to be a father and you're telling me not to cry! What has this child done to you?"

I got him a shirt that says 'Dad to be, Loading please wait'

The rest of the day we watched movies and ate a bunch of food

The rest of the day we watched movies and ate a bunch of food. I was glad we were back to normal. We decided to keep it to ourselves and he knew that Anna knew.