15 ; australia

"ian!" nayeong ran to her cousin, who had his arms wide open. "g'day, birdie!"

nayeong snickered. "it's weird to hear you call me with the old nickname you gave me."

"i'm here too. so hi." jisung dragged his suitcase. christian- or ian, chuckled. "haha, hi ji." he waved.

christian was nayeong's and jisung's cousin. the son of nayeong's and jisung's aunt from their mother's side. nayeong met with ian a lot and learned a lot from him since he's a lot older than the girl.

jisung never bothered to learn english when he was younger, he just started when he was around fourteen, and ian wasn't really good in korean when jisung started talking- so they weren't really close but they're getting closer nowadays.

"so, where are your parents?" ian asked the two siblings.

"mom and dad left first, they had work to do here." jisung said sadly. nayeong nodded along.

"that's a bit unfortunate. let's hope they can catch up later. but for now let's go to my mother's house. you both are gonna stay there for the time being." ian spoke and smiled.

"so, let's roll in the car!" ian excitedly pointed to the front.

"..you know you could've just said let's go, y'know?" nayeong looked at the older, unamused. jisung was just staring into space.

"to be honest, that sentence didn't.. make sense, ian." nayeong rolled her eyes.

ian stared back at the girl, "roll. in."

-

"hi sweethearts! welcome!" ian's mom greeted the two park siblings warmly. jisung and nayeong hugged their aunt, "hi, auntie.. thanks for having us."

"it's been awhile since i've seen you guys. how have you guys been?" ian's mom asked in english. jisung awkwardly smiled and nayeong laughed. "we've been doing great!"

"and i see you've grew up to be a pretty bird.. and jisung, wow! you still look like a bao but you still look the cutest!" their aunt poked jisung's cheeks.

jisung kept smiling awkwardly and laughed nervously. "t-thank you?"

"auntie, he's still learning to speak english so.." nayeong laughed a little.

"oh, sorry ji! i meant to say that you're still a cutie, okay?" their aunt smiled as she finished translating for him.

"ah.. thanks auntie!"

ian showed the two their rooms and told them to change because they were going out to eat. and so they did.

-

"so, ji- this is the third time you've been here, right?" ian asked the youngest. jisung nodded.

"we'll show you guys around. you guys are gonna stay here for 2 weeks right?" he asked both of them. they nodded in sync. "that's more than enough!"

nayeong looked around the restaurant. it looked fancy. thankfully, ian did remind both of them to dress a little boujee, and they do have things that are suitable for these kind of places.

jisung tapped nayeong's shoulder, gestured her so she can come a bit closer so he can whisper. "h-hey.. why did they take us to this.. rich looking restaurant when there's like, mcdonalds?"

nayeong snickered, "i don't know. you want macca's?" she asked, confusing the younger.

"what's macca's?" jisung asked out loud. ian catched on to their little conversation and answered, "in australia, mcdonald's is often called with the name macca's. do you want those? we can get them tomorrow."

jisung nodded bashfully and glared a bit at his older sister, who was just smiling in triumph since she just made her little brother shy and nervous.

-

"i'm gonna go to the restroom for a bit.." nayeong got up from her seat. she excused herself and walked to the restroom.

as she walked to the restroom she accidentally bumped into someone.

"ah, sorry!" she apologized in english and bowed a bit.

"a-ah.. s-sorry." the male voice spoke in an awkward accent. nayeong looked up to the boy and her eyes widen.

"lee jeno?"

"yeong-ah?"

-

stan dpr

- nina !!

-