30 ; meet

n

"okay, we're here! hope there's good connection, mom and dad wants to see you on the stage so bad." the young woman laughed while unlocking the car, allowing me to get out. "by the way,"

"why do you want to be dropped off here? aren't you supposed to be in the auditorium now?" a young man asked. he looked down to the paperbag, which contained a milk box and letter. "i want.. i have to meet someone."

they both smirked while eyeing the younger. "ey.. okay then.. well, we'll see you later." then they drove off, leaving the boy.

he looked back at the entrance then at his watch. his eyes widened as he realized the ceremony will start in at least 10 minutes and he should be heading to the auditorium now.

but he couldn't just leave her hanging. he bit his lip nervously, "argh.. fuck it."

he started running like it's the last run of his life. it didn't take too long to finally reach the rooftop, but of course now he sounds like a dying seal.

he checked the things he brought, hoping that they didn't fall while he was running. luckily, they're all safe in his paperbag.

he gazed at the rooftop's door.

his crush of two years might or might not be waiting on the other side of the door.

he grabbed the handle, but he hesitated.

will she accept him? he was scared of history repeating itself. he knew what it felt like to get rejected. even though back then, it felt like the other girl wanted him too, but he got rejected harshly so it wasn't weird that he felt betrayed. he didn't want to feel betrayed again, and certainly he didn't want to feel like he was just being lead on again.

he pushed his thoughts away and started to push.
it's now or never.

the door swung open, and there she was.

her eyes lit up, filled with surprise and also excitement. "jeno!"

..we all knew
who it was
-nin