Unwanted item?

The next day.

After school.

I'm going to walk home when Makoto asked me if she could join me. Of course she can. We were walking when something happened. A noise was heard. It sounded like something hitting the ground...

We both look to where the noise came from.

"Is...is that... Tsubaki?" I asked. A girl with red hair tripped and fell on the ground.

"Ah! It is Tsubaki!" Makoto exclaimed as she ran up to her. I followed her. She fell face first on the ground and her backpack on her back was unzipped just a little.

"Tsubaki are you okay?" Makoto asked as she held her hand out. The red haired girl raised her head and looked at Makoto through the hair in front of her face. She grabbed her hand and stood up.

"What happened Tsubaki?" I asked.

"Well..." Tsubaki said as she tucked some of her hair behind her ear.

"What? What is it?" Makoto asked.

"Um...I was just in a rush to get some extra studying in..." Tsubaki said nervously. We stayed completely silent.

"What...?" Tsubaki asked.

"Really...I mean your grades are good...why do you need extra studying?" Makoto asked.

"To keep my grades up. Now I have to get home." She said as she started walking.

"Okay bye!" I exclaimed. Makoto turned and looked at me.

"(Y/n) you don't think something's wrong with her... right?" Makoto asked.

"No...I don't think." I said as I stopped in the middle of the sentence.

"What? What happened?" Makoto asked.

"Look..." I said as I pointed to the ground.

"It's...a book?" Makoto asked.

"Yeah...oh Tsubaki must of dropped it when she fell!" I exclaimed.

"How do you know?" Makoto asked.

"Well her backpack was open a little." I said.

"Okay so we'll pick it up for now and then return it to her when we see her again." Makoto said. I nodded in agreement. Makoto walked to it and then pick it up.

"No way!" Makoto exclaimed.

"What?" I asked.

"Come here! Your gonna get a kick out of this!" Makoto exclaimed. I quickly ran up to her.

"Look!" Makoto exclaimed as she held it up.

"It says...oh...my diary!" I exclaimed as I read the front of it. It fell out of her backpack and it says my diary... I covered my mouth with my hands and gasp.

"It's her diary!" I exclaimed.

"Yep! That's right!" She exclaimed. I stopped as I see her slowly open it.

"No! You can't do that!" I exclaimed as I try to grab it.

"Hey! What are you doing!" Makoto exclaimed as she raised her arm up.

"You can't. It's her diary." I said.

"Come on... please?" Makoto asked.

"Fine...but let's read it later... okay." I said.

"Okay... let's get to your house." Makoto said. She put a big smile on her face.

"Wait!" I exclaimed. She grabbed my wrist and started to run.

"Come on! Let's go!" Makoto exclaimed.