Chapter 2: The Reveal

Another week passed and Sam still didn't make any move on her mission. No matter how much she tried to run her father's words in her mind about how bad the Luthors are, Sam just can't find herself believing in those words anymore. The more she got to know Lena, the more she got to know how good and pure Lena's heart is. Sam is now having a hard time in completing her mission and she gets bothered by it as the days follow.

One day, Lena and Sam were working quietly on a Thursday morning when they heard a whoosh and a light thud from Lena's office balcony. Lena turned her swivel chair around and saw Supergirl standing on her balcony. Lena gave Supergirl a smile and gestured for her to come in. But Supergirl shook her head and gestured for Lena to come out. Lena furrowed her eyebrows and stepped out of the balcony.

"Is there something wrong Supergirl?" Lena asked.

Supergirl looked away from Lena and looked at Sam. Lena's eyes followed Supergirl's gazed and then Supergirl said, "Kara Danvers told me that you got a new bodyguard."

Supergirl turned her gaze to Lena and continued, "She looks too young to be a bodyguard, don't you think?"

Lena raised her left eyebrow and was about to say something when they heard a loud explosion. Supergirl looked at Lena with an apologetic look and without a word, she flew towards the direction of the explosion. Lena turned around and she was surprised to see Sam already standing in front of her.

Lena stepped back in surprise then Sam spoke, "Are you alright Miss Luthor?"

Lena's eyes widened in confusion and pointed at Sam, "Y-you were at the other side of the office. How did you get in her so fast?"

Sam readily replied, "I was already walking towards you and Supergirl while you were still talking. She doesn't trust me, does she?"

Lena could see the pain in Sam's eyes and so her eyes softened and said, "Give it time. She's just really trying to protect me. That's what friends do, we protect each other." Lena said smiling.

Sam gave a small smile as a response. Lena started walking towards the office but Sam didn't move. Lena looked at Sam in confusion and saw that Sam has a faraway look in her eyes while looking at a giant smoke rising up from the direction of the explosion. Lena reached out and touched Sam's left arm and said,

"Sam? Are you okay? We should probably get back inside the office."

Sam only nodded and they went back inside and continued working. Sam did her best to continue to work on the programming project that she's working on but she is distracted. She knew very well that the cause of the explosion was an experimental device created by her father in the spaceship. Her mind is wondering as to why her father is releasing it now when the device is still experimental. I have to go back to the spaceship later, Sam thought to herself.

Sam continued to work on her project when suddenly a bunch of armored men with guns came busting through the door. A shattering sound came next and in came armored men busting through the glass walls of Lena's office. Lena stood up and took cover. In an instant, Sam run towards Lena and shielded Lena with her body.

"Get behind me." Sam said urgently.

Sam looked around and noticed that three men came through the door while four men came through the glass walls. She took a looked at the guns of the enemies. Deadly if you get hit. The seven men encircled Lena and Sam and aimed their guns at them. Sam calculated the distances of the men and the number of flips that will take for her to make her way to their direction.

Sam whispered to Lena calmly, "When I say go, get down to the floor, okay?"

Lena nodded. Sam took something from her suit pocket, and looked at Lena and shouted, "Go!"