Chapter 4: Lena's Resolve

Kara wrapped her arms around Lena and pulled her friend to lean on her. Lena was still crying when Sam disappeared. Kara continued to hold Lena until Lena stopped crying. Kara stood up, made her way to the kitchen and poured a glass of water. She made her way back to the living room and gave the glass of water to Lena. Lena accepted the glass with a small smile and wiped her tears.

Lena drank the water and looked at Kara. "Since when have you known that she was my sister?"

Kara shrugged and answered, "Just last night. She went to my apartment and we talked."

"I see." Lena said. Then sadly continued, "I honestly don't know what to feel right now. I can't shake off the fact that she was out there to kill me."

Kara took Lena's hands, squeezed it and said, "Lena, she didn't know you were her sister. I know you've only known her for a month, but within that time duration, she never did anything or showed any sign of killing you right? And even though she did have opportunities to kill you, she didn't. She is as confused as you. She gave me one of her protection bead, you know."

Lena looked at Kara with wide eyes and asked, "She did? Did you ask her why?"

Kara took a deep breath before answering, "She knows that our friendship is special to you. And as your older sister, she wants to protect me, someone who you treasure. And I'm pretty sure that she will give the second protection bead to you."

Lena became quite for a while then spoke softly, "I think this explains why I'm like drawn to her like a magnet. And why I feel safe when she's around."

Kara chuckled softly before responding, "You really are sisters. That's what Sam said too."

Lena smiled and then her eyes panicked, "Kara, my sister just revealed herself to me and I didn't say anything! I might have pushed her away Kara! What do I do?"

Kara smiled and said, "Calm down Lena. I'll call her."

And so Kara concentrated and screamed telepathically, "SAM WHERE ARE YOU? YOUR SISTER IS PANICKING RIGHT NOW BECAUSE SHE THINKS SHE DROVE YOU AWAY. JUST SO YOU KNOW A PANICKING LENA LUTHOR IS NOT A GOOD SIGHT TO BEHOLD! COME HERE RIGHT NOW! YOU BETTER COME BACK NOW SAM OR I WILL MELT YOUR FACE!"

Sam was floating in the air above the mountaintop that she was staying last night. She tried to calm herself down when she heard Kara screamed at her telepathically. Sam lost her concentration on floating and so she fell down with a loud thud. Sam groaned in pain and she responded to Kara telepathically,

"How's my sister? Is she okay now? Does she hate me?"

"She just needed time to process the revelation Sam. Come back here right now. She needs you."

Sam stood up with a smile and teleported back to Lena's penthouse. She came face to face with Lena when she appeared in Lena's living room. Lena's eyes widened when she saw Sam appeared in front of her. She took a step back and then Sam spoke up, "I'm sorry. I'm sorry for lying to you about being your bodyguard."

Tears fell down from Lena's eyes again and she was about to say something but no words came out of her mouth. Sam stepped closer to Lena and this time Sam didn't hesitate to cup Lena's face with both of her hands and wipe away the tears. Kara was standing in the kitchen when Sam appeared in the living room. She saw everything that happened and so she gave Sam a little push telepathically, "Hug her Sam! She needs a hug!"

Sam heard Kara and so she slowly wrapped her arms around Lena's shoulders and pulled Lena into a tight embrace. Lena automatically encircled her arms around Sam's waist and buried her face on Sam's shoulder. The sisters stayed like that for a while before they heard Kara shout in delight and ran towards them screaming, "Group hug! Group hug!"