Chapter One: The Broken Wedding.

Soundtrack: I can't make you love me ~ Dave Thomas Junior.

|1|

Numb.

I was numb.

My feet were cold, I couldn't move a finger and my eyes fixed on the altar. Everything was hurting so bad, but I felt no pain at the same time. I watched involuntarily everything around me in slow motion, so painfully slow. My dad walking impatiently talking to someone on phone and my step-mom trying to convince the uptight looking guests to stay a little longer. Even the priest seemed to be running out of his patience as he walked back and forth near the stage decorated in tulips, my favourite flower.

I don't know for how long I have been sitting on this empty bench, griping my dress into ball of fists and my eyes not leaving the one spot where we were suppose to take our vows together hours ago.

"Ari", I heard Bell's soft soothing voice call but I decided to ignore it. She had no idea what I was going through, no one has. "..we should leave. You'll get sick if you keep waiting."

The cold wind did make me shiver, but that was the last thing I was concerned about.

"He told me to wait and I will wait", I told her faintly through my dry and painful throat. My cheeks were stained with dried tears.

"Dad is trying to reach the Dohertys, but they are not picking up their phones. It's been more than two hours now", she sighed sitting on the bench beside me. "You have to understand..."

"No! I don't understand and I don't want to", I suddenly snapped at her. "It's our wedding. How could he bail out on me? He has to come, he must come...", I broke into more tears, "..he will come." I covered my face almost falling on my knees. "Won't he?", I begged her for an answer and especially a positive one. Instead she lowered her head and winced her face in pain. "Ahhhhh...", I wailed. "Say it bell, say he will come", I shook her vigorously.

I didn't care if I looked pathetic, or even sounded because I was pathetic and I was ready to accept all the pitiful looks I would receive from the people around us.

Bell held me up by my arms and hug me tight. I cried more in her embrace. Our step-mom, Eliza came and rubbed my back, not in a very gentle manner.

"I get it, you are sad. But please you two don't create a scene infront of the guests. Your dad and I are already trying to controll the damage", she sneered in a whispery tone, "See, Mr. Lee and Mrs. Lee there, they flew here from China and now how are we suppose to tell them to return back. Plus, you brought this on yourself Ariell honey by deciding to marry that good for nothing twin and now he has made a joke of everyone here", she added.

I had no power to lash out at her like I usually do when she speaks a word against Declan. My parents never approved of him and I have seen the disappointment floating in their eyes everytime I mentioned about marrying him, only him.

"Mom, this is not the time", Bell stated harshly which is completely out of her behaviour zone. She is always sweet and soft, ready to accept all the rocks thrown at her unlike me.

"Isabella, you dare to talk..."

Just then screeching tires came to halt, stopping the heated argument that was about to start. I stood up, straight when the saw the black maserati. My heart picked up its speed when I saw the person come out of the same car.