Chapter Two: Anyone But Declan Doherty. (Senior Year)

Soundtrack: Let me down slowly ~ Alec Benjamin ft. Alessia Cara.

|2|

"Shakespeare was widely regarded as the greatest writer in English and has given us a bunch of remarkable quotes. Now, who would like to tell me one?", Mrs. Brown asked in her perfect british accent, pushing her glasses up as she looks at us expectantly for an answer. She was in her late 40s but she didn't look a year older than 30, always carrying herself with so much grace and head held high that one would easily envy her. She was also kind.

"Ari.. Jeez! This girl", I heard my bestfriend, Mayla Hyde hiss behind me as she kicks my chair. But I ignore her. May has the tendency to be the nuisance in the class, often would bring others inside her circle of mistakes and I have lost count of how many times I was in detention for this whole month.

"Manny fück this shït. I need a fücking tampon", she said this time to Manuel Santos, my other bestfriend.

"I'm a guy and I don't bleed, if you have forgotten", he sniggered.

I stiffled a laugh, so did the shy, quiet, peace maintainer Dora Midlands, my last bestfriend who is more like an younger sister I never had. And that's our little group of circle I like to be surrounded by, I feel protected in, I could be myself in.

"How lucky", May retorted back, voice dripping in sarcasm, "But you have a girlfriend that bleeds you dumb bïtch. Be a gentleman and carry one next time."

That's all it took to turn Dora's face and ears beet root red, when I glance at her. She is too adorable.

"Hopeless-dumb boyfriend of sweet-naive Dora." Then, May turn to me when Manny completely ignored her. "Ari, my girl help me."

I quickly scribbled a note.

You're lying. You just want to cut class, bye.

I threw the note at her, without looking back at her.

'No shit sherlock! Please, my hair will turn grey if I stay here on more minute.' Came her reply.

"Shakespeare said, 'The course of true love never did run smooth'..."

She send me another one.

My ears have started to bleed.

And again, another came.

I will suck your cöck if you help me out of here.

Ew! What?!

I turn to have a look at her, incase she lost her mind. She was busy scribbling notes and passes it to Garrett, her creepy ass current boyfriend. A week , that's how long she has been dating him and long enough for her to lose interest already. No doubt, she send me that note by mistake.

I crumpled that note too, before discarding back at her, without looking back again. The image of my best friend doing that.. no no I shook my head to get that image out.

Mrs. Brown paused her lectures on quotes by Shakespeare to stare at someone behind me, from above her glasses resting on her little pink nose.