Chapter 3

Starting high school is something that everyone has to go through, whether they like it or not. But, for some reason, Clarke never thought that Bellamy was going to go through that too. It was the beginning of the school year, and Bellamy was going to start ninth year, while Clarke and Octavia were going to start their seventh one. And she was happy for him, and the fact that he may actually make some good new friends. But she was also scary, cause the idea of Bellamy finding better friends and replacing her scared the hell out off her. It was different with Octavia, because she goes to the same classes as her, she's her partner. But Bellamy isn't with her, and that's pretty scary. Cause she knows he's damn awesome, a good friend and an even better person, with such a big heart. She knew everyone was going to die to be his friends. And she couldn't help to thing, "what if?": what if they're coolers than her? what if they're smarter? what if they're funnier? what if he likes them more than he likes her? She couldn't afford to lose him, her partner in crime, her best friend.

The alarm sounds, telling Clarke that the first they of school has arrived. She growled, she hated that sound. She sat up and, before opening her eyes, let out a giant yawn. Then, even if it was very, very, difficult for her to do it, she got up and walked to her dressing room. She chose the first thing she saw and put it on, cause it was just seventh grade, is not like she was starting high school. She went to her bathroom, wet her face, and then it hits her, literally like cold water: it was Bellamy's first day of high school. She had forgotten, and last night she fell asleep early so she didn't have the chance to talk to him about that. She didn't know if he was nervous, anxious, or completely calm. But she knew one thing: she was about to start panicking. He was going to start high school, meet a bunch of cool boys and girls (but not coolers than him, that wasn't possible on Clarke's mind), and forget her. A tear slid down her cheek, and she wiped it out as soon as it came out; she hates being such a cry baby. Her dad always called her like one of the seven dwarfs, depending of the situation and her mood, and she knew that, if it existed, she'd be the crying one, cause she always cries. She stepped in front of her bibliotheca, grabbed "To all the boys I've loved before" to read it on her free times, and went downstairs to have break fast.

"Look, sleeping beauty finally woke up." Bellamy teased her, as soon as he saw her, with a little smile on his face. She rolled her eyes, showed him her tongue, and sat in front of him. By that time, he's eyes were back in his cereals.

"Sleeping beauty? More like sleeping beast." her dad joked, making Bellamy choke on his milk, and Octavia burst a laughter. "Honey, did you got up with the wrong foot?" he asked, and couldn't help laughing too.

"Ha-ha. That's hilarious, dad! Why don't you do a stand up? I think it'll suit you." she rolled her eyes.

He puts his hand on his chin, pretending he's actually thinking about it. "You know what? I think that's the best idea you've ever had. Thanks."

"Whatever." she responded, rolling her eyes once again.

"Leave her alone." her mother appeared from the living room, and left a kiss on Clarke's forehead. "You look beautiful, sweetie." she smiled at her. Abby had changed over the past two years, since her 10 birthday party. She realized that, it doesn't matter how manny friends you have, it only matter if they're good to you, and she knows that Bellamy and Octavia are the best friends her daughter could ever have. She focused more on Clarke's happiness now, she became, in some way, a real mom. When she wasn't occupied saving kids life's at the hospital, of course.

"Thank you, mom. Finally, someone that appreciates my beauty." she hugged her mom, acting more gladly than she actually was.

"We know you're beautiful." Jake started to talk, and looked at Bellamy, grinning.