⚠️NINETEEN: SORRY FOR SNOOPING⚠️

Your warm welcome back from a long day of work was Hailey quickly clamping a hand over her mouth, trying to stifle a scream.

"B-b-b-blood!" she stammered, taking a step back and pointing a trembling finger at Lawrence. "Blood!!"

"Calm down, Hailey, it's just-" Harry tried to explain, but before he could finish her eyes rolled back in her head and she fell back, unconscious.

"That's just great," Zion muttered, and you could hear footsteps coming down the hall.

"What happened?" asked Eugene in alarm, Ethan was close behind, followed by Jay.

"She passed out," Zion said, walking over to hook his arms under Haileys'.

"Damn, I can see why," Jay said, eyeing the red on Lawrence. You hadn't realized there was so much of it, but now in the moonlight you could see splashes of it on his hands and face, and some on his jacket.

"Grow up you guys. It's a rough world out there," Zion scoffed, beginning to drag Hailey towards her room and gesturing for Jay to follow. "We got a lot of stuff from the shopping center, so I hope you're excited."

Harry nodded, pulling the polaroid camera out of the side pocket. "Bet you haven't seen one of these in a while," he boasted proudly.

"Hey, lemme see that!" Eugene cried, reaching out to take the camera. While he ran around snapping pictures, you noticed Lawrence standing off to the side, looking lost.

"Oh, Lawrence," you sighed, grabbing his arm. "Come with me, I'll help you clean up."

He didn't object, and as you walked him over to the storage room you passed by Zion and Jay awkwardly carrying Hailey end to end and trying to maneuver her through the door to her room and arguing. Poor Hailey, you thought, going into the storage room. You let go of his arm to search the shelves for wet wipes and finding an unopened box near the back. You popped open the lid, pulling one out and going back over to Lawrence, getting to work on cleaning his hands.

"(Y/n)," he spoke up, for the first time since the smoke shop, "did I... scare you?"

"Scare me?" you repeated, finishing one of his hands and grabbing another wipe to clean the other one. You remembered his face when he looked at the man, pure murder and hatred.

"A little," you admit, hoping it wouldn't make him upset.

"I'm sorry," he responded, looking forlorn. He avoided your gaze, looking off towards the back of the room.

You shook your head, reaching up to wipe the blood off of Lawrence's face.

"It's okay, Lawrence," you assured him, gently rubbing off the red splotches. "I'm glad that you saved me. If you hadn't, that man would've-"

Lawrence grabbed your arm suddenly, cutting you off and making you look up at him in surprise. "I don't want to think about it," he said, his grip tightening. "I'm just grateful that you're alright, that he didn't get a chance to do anything."

He seemed about to say more when a sound cut him off.

"Everyone's in 1-C for dinner," came a voice by the door, and you saw Harry peek in. "Well... except Hailey. Just thought I'd let you know."

Lawrence cleared his throat, letting go of you. "Thank you, Harry. We'll be there in a minute," he said.

"You need any help with anything?" Harry asked, looking between you two nervously.

"Everything's fine. Go enjoy your food, okay?" Lawrence told him, seeming more like his usual self. Harry's worried look vanished and was replaced by a smile as he nodded, walking off.

"Don't take too long, or it'll all be gone!" he called from the hallway. The storage room fell back into silence.

"I think I got all of it off," you said, placing the red-stained wipe on a table nearby with the other ones. "Besides the stuff on your jacket. I'll see if I can get out really quick."

"Here," Lawrence suggested, pulling his arms out of the sleeves and folding it over once before handing it to you. "Take it for now, and you can give it back tomorrow. Right now you should go eat."

"Oh yeah," you remembered, and right on cue your stomach growled. "Are you coming?"

Lawrence shook his head. "I'm staying here to unload everyone's backpacks. I'll eat later," he assured you.

"Do you want any help?" you offered, and Lawrence laughed.

"Go eat, (Y/n)," he repeated, and you smiled, giving in.

"Bye, Lawrence," you said, waving, and he waved back before you left the room, closing the door softly behind you.

It was almost hard to believe that he was the same Lawrence as the one you saw at the smoke shop a few hours ago. Something about it worried you, but you put it to the back of your mind, dropping his jacket off at your classroom along with the box of wipes, heading into 1-C to eat.

For some reason all the guys were staring at you as you came in. You took an unopened muffin, feeling awkward.

"Why are you guys looking at me like that?" you asked, just standing there.

"Ah, it's nothing," Harry said quickly, patting the seat next to him. "We were just waiting on you, that's all."

You sat down next to Harry, opening your muffin, which was blueberry.

The guys went back to their normal conversations, Eugene, Zion, and Jay in an odd argument about jellyfish. Sue was nearby, listening and giving her own insight every once in a while, which left you and Harry sitting next to each other silently. You finished off your muffin, eyelids heavy.

"Today's been a long day. I think I'm gonna go to bed," you told Harry after a long yawn.

"Are you okay after what happened?" Harry asked with concern, quiet enough that the others couldn't hear.

You nodded, standing up. "I'll be fine," you told him with a tired smile. "Goodnight, everyone."

"Oh, see ya (Y/n)," Zion dismissed, hardly even bothering to look. The others all said their goodnights to you as you left, and you walked back towards your room, glancing at the storage room. The door was slightly open, and you didn't see Lawrence inside, so you guessed he was finished. You went into your room, closing the door, your eye's falling on Lawrence's jacket.

You might as well get it done before you went to sleep. You sat on a nearby table, grabbing the jacket and a wet wipe and starting to scrub one of the stains. It came out relatively easy, and there were only a few of them, so you were finished in no time.

You set it back on the table, yawning, but a small clinking noise caught your attention. There was something in the pocket, relatively heavy, and curiosity flooded your thoughts.

"I'm sorry for snooping," you said under your breath before reaching in and feel something small and rectangular. You pulled it out, not recognizing what you saw at first, but then remembering.

It was the polaroid Harry took of you in the home store, frame and all. You turned it over in your hand, confused.

Why did he have it?

You shrugged, putting it back. Harry must've given it to him or something. You folded the jacket neatly on the desk next to yours, sliding off of the table and laying down in your blanket. Your mind was spinning with a million thoughts but you still managed to fall asleep easily.

You remembered the last part of your dream before you woke up being the little polaroid of you with a peace sign and smiling, splattered in blood.