Chpt.1

Chpt.1
" You sure your ready?" Jughead asked for the 100th time. His sister, Honey, rolled her eyes.
" For the 100th time, Yes! I'm ready." She replied, pushing him playfully. She fixed her backpack strip on her shoulder, and walked up the stairs to their new school, Southside High.
As they entered Southside High, Honey was the first to go through the metal detector, which went off. The officer looked at her and she sighed.
She moved her hair to show multiple ear piercings in both ears.
" Relax, Probably one of my piercings."
She then lifted her shirt, showing her stomach piercings.
" Take then off and go through again." He instructed.
Honey rolled her eyes," Idiot! I can't!"
The officer glared at her slightly, and took a handheld metal detector out.
He scanned her body, and the only thing that made it go off was her stomach piercing.
" Happy?" Honey grabbed her bag, and saw JugHead putting his Hat on again.
" Pins?"
He nodded, and a girl with pink highlights walked over to them, holding her camera up," Honey and Forsythe Pendleton Jones III." She said, taking a picture of the pair.
" JugHead actually." JugHead corrected her.
" I'm Toni Topaz, I was supposed to give you guys the full animatronic tour of Southside high, but some of the robots went insane and started killing the guests, so we'll just wing it." She explained, making Honey Raise her eyebrow and look at her brother.
" The classrooms don't have WiFi and the bathroom stalls don't have doors." She explained, and Honey sighed.
She looked and saw a group of teens downing what looked like pixie sticks.
" To your right, you'll find a rare glimpse of jingle jangle being consumed in its natural habitat."
Honey's eyes widen slightly.
" Jingle Jangles?" She asked.
" This place is crawling with the JJ, highly addictive, total gutter drug, so let's not touch that."
The twins nodded their head, and Honey looked at the graffitied walls.
" Alright, here in the Cafeteria , The Ghoulies sit over there, rival gang, drug dealers, rumors of cannibalism, don't ask, and we sit over there with the serpents."
She smiled at Honey who smiled back.
" Wait your a serpent?" JugHead asked, shocked.
" Why do you think I volunteered to give your guys the tour?" She asked.
" Actually, I'm gonna sit alone and finish my book." JugHead Said.
" I'm confused, aren't Y'all like serpents by blood. The children of FP?"
Honey nodded," That's why IM gonna sit with you." She said, standing next to Toni.
" I self-identify as a loner, not pack animals. I'm gonna keep my head down low and try and get through this."
Honey rolled her eyes at her brother's stubbornness.
" Hey! You wanna get through this, you should sit with the serpents. If the Ghoulies get a whiff that your alone, or vulnerable, they'll make you their bitch faster than you can say American History X." Toni warns.
JugHead walks off and Toni leads Honey to a table where two guys are sitting.
" Honey, this is fangs." She points to the shorter guy," And this is sweet pea."
Honey waved to the two of them, and sat next to Toni.
" Isn't Honey like a hooker name?" Sweet Pea asked.
" Isn't Sweet Pea a plant?" Honey asked.
" Touchè." He says.
************************
Jughead and Betty cuddle up on the couch with Veronica, while Archie and Honey take up the chairs.
" Why don't you come and sit with me, Lover boy." Veronica pats the seat next to her.
" Why am I always the fifth wheel?" Honey asks.
" Don't worry Hon, you'll find someone." Betty says.
" It's only a matter of time, Honey, right Archikins?"
Archie, deep into though doesn't respond.
" Hey! Lover boy!" Honey yells, throwing a pillow at his head.
" I'm sorry. This thing with Moose. It's like nobody cares-"
" Probably cause no one does." Honey said, making Betty and Veronica glare at her.
" Dad keeps saying,' Leave it to Sheriff Keller'. I'm like,' Yeah, he did a great job catching Jason's murderer! Oh wait, that was us." He rants.
" Yeah, we're awesome." Honey says, looking at the ceiling.
" Inside voices please." Veronica whispers.
" No, don't stop him. Archie going Travis Bickel is my favorite Archie." Jughead teases.
" Doesn't it feel like he's targeting us? I mean specifically? I don't want anyone else getting hurt." Archie continues.
" When we had a getaway in the Cape, all of us got together and hired private security to keep out the riffraff- as an added layer of protection." Veronica says.
" I loved that house."
Honey turns and see Veronica's parents.
" Daddy." Veronica stands and walks over to him.
" We're on or way to dinner at the club." Her mom states.
" I wanted to meet your friends first." He says
" Great, thank you." Veronica turns to them." This is Betty Cooper-" Betty waves," This is Jughead Jones and his sister Honey."
Honey and Jughead shake his hand.
" You know our father."
" I do. He's a good man. He values family. I hope his returns sooner rather than later."
" So do we." Honey says.
" And Daddy, this is-" Veronica starts but doesn't finish.
" Archie Andrews. The boy who captured my daughters heart."
" Daddy." Veronica says, embarrassed.
" It's nice to meet you sir." Archie says, sticking his hand out to shake his hand.
" Ah, please call me Hiram." He grabs Archie's hand and shakes it." I couldn't help but over hear your discussion and I,um, I understand your frustration with Sheriff Keller. As for someone who's had his share of run ins with the law I can say the police aren't always the solution. Sometimes we need to take matters into our own hands. We need to protect ourselves."
Hermione leans into him.
" We're gonna loose our table."
" Yes, of course. Hey, it was nice to meet you all." They start to walk out but Hiram stops and turns towards the teens." Archie."
" Yes."
" Why don't you come over for dinner this week. I look forward to seeing what you come up with to save riverdale." Hiram finishes and leaves.
************
The next day Honey and Jughead experiences their first real class at Southside high.
Most people aren't paying attention, Honey was carving something into the desk.
" Fahrenheit 451, by one of my favorite authors, Ray Bradbury. Let's start with the title. Can anyone tell me the significance."  Mr. Philips walks up the isle and leans on the desk.
" What?! Damn it!!" Sweet Pea yells at his phone and storms out of the class.
Mr. Phillips sighs but doesn't do anything. It was like it was normal.
" People there is a burning book in the cover."
Toni looks at Jughead and shakes her head. He ignores her and answers anyway.
" Fahrenheit 451 is the temperate at which paper burns.' It was a pleasure to burn'"
" Indeed." Mr. Phillips seemed shocked that anyone would answer." Thank you Mr....." He checks the roster for his name.
" Jones. Welcome to hell."
Jughead stays behind after class and Honey walks out and goes to her locker.
" So, how are you digging Southside high."  Honey closed her locker and leans on it.
" It's kinda dirty, and the people in it are weird. But it's ok, I guess." Honey shrugs.
" Ok, what about Sweet Pea." She asks, nudging Honey with her elbow.
" What about him?" Honey asks.
" You two were totally flirting."
" He's good looking, I guess, but I wasn't flirting." Honey says.
Toni gives her a look and Honey chuckles.
" What?"
Toni just smirks.
" What?! Seriously!!"
Toni chuckles and starts walking away.
" Whatever you say."
************
Toni, Honey, and Jughead start cleaning up the office for the red and black.
Jughead throws open he curtains and Honey and Toni look through the boxes covering the wall.
" Well, it's no New York Times." Jughead states.
" Yeah, no kidding." Honey says.
" But, Hey! Kudos on finding your safe space." Toni teases.
Jughead rubs the dust off his hand, and walks towards Toni.
" All I need now is a photographer with an amazing eye and hunger for social justice and I think I'll be set."
" What about Honey?"
" Yeah, no. I prefer drawing, plus we don't work together."
Sweet Pea comes in and some other serpents followed him.
" Topaz. Let's bounce." He brings his attention to Honey and Jughead.
" Jones'. You wanna come? We're going down to the quarry."
" I don't have my beach bod yet." Jughead says cooly.
" What? You'll ask the serpents for help from the serpents but you don't want to hang with us? Don't come crawling to us, hat in hands, when some Ghoulie decides to earn his stripes by taking out one of FP Jone's kids."
" Duly notes, thank you Sweet Pea. We appreciate what you and the other serpents have done for us and our dad. I do. But I'm done. Okay? No more favors coming your way."
Jughead says, making Sweet Pea angry.
He steps up, prepared to hit Jughead but Honey and Toni stop him.
" Hey Hey! He made up his mind! Take the hint Sweet Pea, he just isn't into you." Toni says, pushing him back.
" What about you Honey?" He turns his head towards Honey.
" Sure, why not."
**********
" Can't you take the day off?" Betty asked, cleaning Jughead's bruise.
Toni stood near the kitchen, while Honey sat on the counter next to her.
" I thought I told you motorcycles were dangerous. You promised you would always wear a helmet." Betty continued.
Honey turn Toni's head towards her.
" Pweety Pwease! You promised you would always wear a helmet! How dare you!" Honey mocked, making Her and Toni snicker.
Betty glared at Honey and turned back to.
" It was just around the block. And don't blame me, blame the pot hole!"
" I thought you where gonna say you were jumped by those creepiest-" Before Betty could finish, Honey interrupted her.
" Ghoulies." She corrected as she and Toni walked closer to the couple.
" But no, the serpents wouldn't allow that. They got Jughead and Honey's back even thought their not members. Family Royalty."
Betty Locked her eyes with Jughead.
" Great, well, I better get to school. I need to try and fix this mess with Kevin."
Betty got up and turned to Toni." Toni, will you keep an eye on him. And Honey too."
Toni nodded." All over it."
After Betty left, Toni looked at Jughead and crossed her arms.
" Please don't tell Betty." Jughead inspired.
" Yeah, she's already clingy enough." Jughead elbowed Honey's side.
" We warned you about the Ghoulies. I think you'll take them more seriously." Toni Said.
***********
Honey smiled when she saw her brother walk over to the serpents table.
" Is this seat taken?"
Toni moves her bag, and allows him to sit down.
***************
VOTE
COMMENT
LOVE YOU ALL