Chapter 10: Incoming Disaster

The rain poured harder at every minute that passes by. The wind grew stronger as if foreshadowing a disaster. It was a week before Christmas and the sky wasn't as bright. The rain doesn't seem to stop. It kept going and going.

Even so, everybody still made preparations for Christmas. Parties were held and other various events. Carmela scowled as she gazed outside from the window. She was planning to go back to her brother's mansion to settle things with him but unfortunately, he was nowhere to be found.

It has been two weeks since his disappearance. The staffs of the mansion said nothing of his whereabouts. She grew worried that her efforts in coming in Cielo Brillante were futile.

Somehow she was rather hoping that he would never come back, making it a lot easier for her to to get what she wanted. A smile crept up onto her face upon realizing that she may get what she want as long as Lucian remained not found.

Her husband couldn't help but sigh in disappointment. He wasn't keen on the idea of taking advantage of her brother-in-law's current situation. His wife was too determined to get her desires.

"Are you not at least worried for your brother? He hasn't come back home for two weeks. His lover have gone missing too." Carmela remained quiet as she stared at the grey clouds up at the sky.

"I heard a few wealthy residents of this town have gone missing. There are rumors speculating that it might be the doing of the rebel group called Personas Iguales," he added as he stood up from the bed and stood beside her.

She giggled and glanced at her husband unfazed. She shook her head in disagreement before saying,"It is merely impossible for a small group of rebels to be able to do such thing. I believe it has something to do with the gobernadorcillo of this town. Not all agree with him."

"Carmela? Amor, we can no longer prolong our stay here. It is rather troubling how chaotic this town is. I would not want us to get involved in such a thing," Crisostomo, her husband said as he placed a hand on her shoulder.

Carmela frowned and averted her gaze. As much as she hated this town, she couldn't leave yet. She needed to settle matters with her brother but it seemed as if fate was doing it for her instead. Such a disappointment.

Beneath the quiet abandoned house, several screams for help can be heard

Beneath the quiet abandoned house, several screams for help can be heard. Beneath the wooden floors of the basement, lies the cells that contained six people. Six people who once were content in their own homes. Four men and two women. Two of the six were Lucián and Violette.

They were held in cells which were as dirty as a pig's den. They were as helpless as survivors lost in the sea. The place they were in was almost void of any light. Only the lamp on the table outside of the cells was the only illumination.