Chp 8 A Game of Truth or Dare

We walked up to the inn that I assumed we were going to stay at. While walking past we earned a couple stares from passers-by but I suppose that a lot of people in the group would make someone blush and it's not everyday you see a talented group of people from the top class of a magic academy together (excluding Esteel).

I asked Rachel and she said this inn was very popular with adventurers and travellers, it had large rooms to fit entire parties of people in them. Usually travellers don't like to seperate their groups too much either, safety in numbers and all that.

When we opened the door everyone stopped for a second and looked over. Rachel looked like she was gonna die from all the unnecessary attention and me and the others were feeling very uncomfortable, Rachel looked like she was about to cry which means everyone got a glare from Luke and people started going back to conversations and meals they were having. When the serving girl noticed us she ran over and then asked our names.

"Hello, my I help you...."- Serving girl.

"Yes, I'm Rachel Myers and this is-."- Rachel.

"Oh! I'm so sorry I didn't recognise you Miss Myers we have your room prepared right now. I can't believe I didn't recognise the top magic students in the country, if you'll please follow me."- Serving girl.

Hmm... we have more influence then I first thought. Country? The whole country?! Well we are in the town that is known for being the 'best magic' town with the 'best academy'. Shane recognised the surprised look on my face and explained that the magic academy here in town is indeed the best in the country and that people from all around come here to take the exam for the chance to get in. It also appears if you are Moon or Sun class you get a free scholarship, that's why the lady never asked for money from me.

So technically we're the best of the best students our age, in this country at least.

It seems we had been given the best room the inn had, although nothing compared to earth hotels, it was better than sleeping outside on stones (in my case I usually had (a) blanket(s) and pillow(s) as well) or sleeping on 'beds' in lower star inns which were a springy old mattress that's flat and narrow.

I was just about to lie down and go to sleep when Rachel called us over. I feel like Rachel is the unspoken social leader here. Matthews a strategist but Rachel usually deals with other people and is quite air-headed so she doesn't hold back, at all.

We sat in a circle, me, Esteel, Hyxel, Shane, Matthew, Luke, Rachel. Rachel looked away from me and Matthew and her swapped though after that, what I am? The plague?

Shane was the first to speak this time.

"What are the hell are we going to do."- Shane.

"Yeah, my thoughts exactly."- Matthew.

"Truth or dare."- Rachel.

They have that here as well, I swear my life just gets weirder and weirder. Everyone didn't want to play after hearing that except Esteel who had no idea what truth or dare was.

We all tried to back out slowly and run but Rachel dragged us all back like a mom catching her kids red handed with a hand in the cookie jar(so to speak). We plopped down on to the floor again and I think some of us considered using magic to run but I feel like that would insult the owners of the establishment. Matthew asked the first question and was very straightforward.

"Azrail, truth or dare?"- Matthew.

"Truth."- Me.

"Were you any different when you were in you old village, personality wise."- Matthew.

Weird question, that would be equalivent to my life on Earth then... Let's lie then, no need to worry about stuff like that.

"No."- Me.

"Azrail, truth or dare?"- Rachel.

Me again? I didnt feel like moving for a dare so I said truth.

"Truth."- Me.

"Azrail, do you have a girlfriend or a crush?"

She stared at my face very intently and then looked away after a while as if she had just been trying to look into the sun, did I cast a spell or something?

"No."- Me.

Rachel sighed in relief and Luke give me a menacing glare probably thinking I was trying to flirt with Rachel l because i apparenttly had no girlfriend so I added something on.

"I don't feel like I want a girlfriend, I don't have my future planned out and i don't want to have to force a girl to be with me if I don't even know where I heading in life or a least planning to head in life."- Me

I sounded very philosophical but I just didn't want to have to deal with another person's heavy emotions and trying to keep them happy.

Rachel seemed sad but Luke gave me a discrete thumbs up. Matthew, Shane and Hyxel found it strange I didn't have a 'sweetheart' or a lover. Luke thought I had a crush on Rachel so he thought that I was either cheating on a current girlfriend or a womanizer or both.

Rachel thought for a moment and then looked back at me then Esteel and back again. She asked something else.

"Do you have a.... boyfriend."- Rachel.

What! Nope, sorry not gay, not that there's anything wrong with it but I don't swing that way.

"What.. no."- Me.

That did not sound as convincing as I hoped i sounded like a tsundere but does Rachel not know how truth or dare works you get one question, one. You are suppose to take turns as well.

"..."- everyone.

The group eyed me and Esteel suspiciously. Great, more trouble.

"Well, my turn I guess."- Me.

Everyone seemed to jump out of the trance-like state and get back to the game. What to ask, what to ask. Ah yes I know.

"Luke, truth or dare."- Me.

"Dare!"- Luke.

"I dare you to hug Rachel."- Me.

Luke blushed but he did hug Rachel.

Luke PoV

Oh my gosh, Oh my gosh, Oh my gosh, Oh my gosh, Oh my gosh, Oh my gosh, Oh my gosh, Oh my gosh.

Azrail PoV

It was Lukes turn now but it looks like he consulted everyone? Except me. I don't mind though, if it means less work and trouble it's all good.

He turned around and asked me something, me? again? Pick someone else.

"Azrail dare or dare."- Luke.

Where's the truth gone? Oh well guess i'll get it over with.

"*sigh* Dare."- Me.

"I dare you to hug Esteel."- Luke.

Whhhhhhyyyyyyy???????

"..fine."- Me.

Great I still sound like a tsundere.

We hugged and it was, uncomfortable, like i didn't mind it, maybe it's because he was a wolf but he was quite comfortable to lean on, don't ship it though classmates it ain't happening.
Well it was very comfortable and I was tired so, i fell asleep on him. Insult to injury, he slept on the same bed as me. It was fine if they knew he was a wolf and was trying to protect me cause I'm you know, his contracted, but they're gonna get the wrong idea now. * mental sigh*. Maybe Rachel will stop being awkward now at least.