Chp 14 Count Pertus Wraiths Escort Mission (part 3)

I woke up to find a crow next to my face and Esteel was also staring at it trying to will it away he wasn't trying to move though, I think he was trying not to wake me.

When he saw I was awake. He smiled and said.

"Good morning young master."- Esteel.

It was early in the morning and only some people in other parties were awake most of them the mercenaries with a few adventurers they went to the river just down the road to get water and wash themselves since it might be a while before they can since most of the people here had quests lined up to do right after or had something to do right away in Metol and couldn't bathe soon after this. Inns usually only had a well with some buckets you can take to fill up a wooden 'bath' in the room, if you're lucky. Some have a communal large wooden bath or none at all. So for many this was a good chance to wash.

This crow was still staring right at me which I found weird.

"Esteel how long has it been here."- Me.

"I'm not sure exactly but I was staring at it for about an hour."- Esteel.

He was sitting like this for an hour just to avoid waking me. He is quite committed but I wouldn't have minded being woken if he was like that for one long. He continued talking.

"I'm pretty sure it wants to contract with you young master."- Esteel.

"It does. That's a bit surprising. How can you tell?"- Me.

"It talked to me."- Esteel.

"The crow talked  so can it also speak like you can."- Me.

"I can speak."- Crow.

The crow actually spoke to me, though I'm not that surprised since a wolf also talked to me not that long ago. It sounded like a girl she seemed young around my age, 16. I answered this crow.

"Hello, do you have a name."- Me.

"Yes you can call me lylah."- Lylah.

"So Lylah you want to contract with me."- Me.

"Yes, I am only a Lengendary beast compared to your celestial wolf? . I'm pretty sure he's a wolf right. He masks it well, I knew he wasn't human because I sensed a beast essence and that it was connected to you so you were contracted but if it was not for that I would have thought he was human. My specialty is observation and investigation  so I commend you on your skill celestial wolf. I also commend you for your skill human contractor because even an injured celestial wolf is very very difficult to contract you must be very strong. I can't sense how strong exactly for some reason but well done. You two are probably the hardest people to figure out I have ever come across especially you human you seem really strange, your status looks very good really absolutely nothing is wrong about it but that's even more difficult since my instincts tell me that it's wrong.

You are very interesting so I would like to contract you."- Lylah.

Esteel intersected into the conversation.

"Impressive Lylah, you managed to find out how strong my young master is and also what I am and how strong I am you even got that strange feeling as well quite good, for a legendary beast like you."- Esteel.

"Thank you? I feel like you're mocking me for some reason."- Lylah.

"Ah but you got something wrong."- Esteel.

"What? What did I get wrong!"- Lylah.

"Well, I wasn't injured when he contracted me."- Esteel.

"Oh really? You were trapped or threatened with a hostage or something then? No you wouldn't be threatened nobody would dare unless they were stupid. You were trapped???"- Lylah said quite confused.