Chapter 2.15 - White - Sonozaki Wakana's Concern

After packing up my backpack, I made my way out of the classroom and headed downstairs to the 1st floor of the building that was made for all 5th year students. I saw Hosuke was waiting for me down the stairs. He waved at me and I waved at him back.

"What's up, Hosuke?"

"Hey, let's go to the Library."

"The library?" I gave a little thought, "Why should we?"

"I don't know. I don't have anything to do today other than going home." Hosuke crosses his arm and said, "And I'm not going back home this early. I think it would be better if I hang around with my friends than hanging around all alone at my empty house."

"Is no one at your home?"

"Of course there is people there. I just don't like them a lot."

I widened my eyes and raised my shoulder, "Well if that's what you want. Come on, let's go."

I made my move and Hosuke followed next to me. Hosuke, who fashions a spiky hair like a character from a ninja-like cartoon was strolling around together with me until suddenly we met up with Sonozaki Wakana.

"Hey, White!" Wakana waved his hand at me.

"Hi there, Wakana." I felt a little uncomfortable.

"Is something wrong, White?" Hosuke asked me out of concern.

I responded, "It's nothing. I just got the feeling that Wakana is going to toy around with me like always."

"Toy around? I wouldn't do that, White. I'm just your stand-in brother here in school." Wakana 'assures' me while he rested his hands on my shoulders.

"Can you please stop using my shoulders as a resting place for your hands? I know I'm short and all but please, Wakana."

"Okay, okay. I get it, White. It's not like we've been through this a lot of time, right?"

We've had this kind of conversation a LOT of time. I don't know, it's like a love and hate relationship between me and Wakana. We've been best friends since 2nd year in middle school along with another friend of ours who was now studying on a different school.

"So where are you two heading?" asked Wakana.

"We're going to the library. But first, we're going to have lunch." answered Hosuke.

"Oh yeah. Class finishes around 2:30 p.m.. We only had recess on 10 a.m. The school skipped the usual noon breaks since we already had the recess earlier." Wakana thinks for a moment and said, "Can I join you guys?"

I looked at Hosuke and looked back at Wakana and said, "It's not like we don't allow you to."

"Awesome. Let's go get something at the cafeteria."

Wakana decided to join us eating lunch. I had a hamburger that I bought at the hawker stall right outside of the school main gate. Hosuke bought a hamburger as well but he also bought some other heavy food at the cafeteria. Wakana decided to get the today's special that the cafetaria had just for this day. All of us had lunch on a table while watching some afternoon shows on the cafetaria television.

"What do you think about The Magic Duel so far?" Wakana decided to open up an interesting topic.

Hosuke swallowed what he was chewing and said, "I thinks it good."

"I see. What about you, White?"

I put down my hamburger and gave a little thought and said, "I think there are some parts that I think The Magic Duel was kind of...off."