Chapter 5.10 - White - The Best Version

After talking with Blax about his current situation. I decided to find the other members of Team Stardust and see if they have anything in mind about their current situation. The first person I ended up with was Hosuke. He was hanging out with Kaym and Serena from the looks of it. I went toward him and greeted the others as well. After a couple of light talks to with the three of them. I asked Kaym and Serena to leave us for a moment.

"So how have you been, Hosuke?"

"I'm definitely fine, White. I'm just glad that Escher incident was over."

"Sounds great. So, are you ready for the match later?" I sat down next to him as I said that.

Hosuke sighed and said, "I'm not quite sure if our strategy will work against Team Brilliance at all. Those guys are way stronger than us in terms of mastery in magic."

"But we still have Rulend on our side. He will adapt to the situation and call up new options for us to choose during the match."

"That's good, White. But for some reason, I feel like I'm starting to feel like I'm the only member who doesn't seem to have any helpful skill that could help us win The Magic Duel. Rulend is smart. Blax is super strong. Rider and Lore are unstoppable. Airi is...better than me."

"Is that what you think of Airi?" I laughed a bit at what he said. "But still, what seems to be the problem with that?"

"What are you talking about, White? I'm not as useful as the other."

I patted his back and assured him, "Listen, Hosuke. I'm not sure how to say this the best way but...even I'm wearing the same kind of shoe as you are right now. We both just got our ability recently and we're slowly growing. But that doesn't mean we have to stop now. I'm confident that we still have some potential if we really put in to good work."

"Fine speech, White. I don't know how an anti-social like you was able to say something like that. But that kind of made me a little bit better than before." Hosuke smiled at me and said, "And as you said, I did in fact improved a lot since the last time you saw me use my ability."

"See? Everything works out in the end." I got up and turned toward him and said, "Well then, I'll see you in the match later, Hosuke."

"Yeah. See you there as well." Hosuke waved at me as I waved back at him.

After that short talk with Hosuke, I found myself meeting up with Airi as well as a few other interesting students. Apparently, Airi was talking with Meme and Zayn. I wonder what those three were talking about.

"Hey, what are you guys doing?" I went and talked to them.

"Oh, hi there, White." Zayn responded to me. "We were just talking about what we're going to do after this."

"After this? What do you mean?"

Meme then answered, "After this, as in, after we finish school. I've considered to further train my skill by joining a dancing crew. It's going to be great because I'm already being recruited by a rather famous crew."