Chapter 2.26 - White - Chocolate Day

It's already mid February and nothing interesting has been happening ever since the Magic Duel Qualifier. The Group Stage will begin on May which is about 2 months and a half from now. The fact that nothing major has been happening recently means that our world was totally kept in peace. Today however, an unfortunate event happened today. An event that a number of boys have been waiting each year. It was a day to remember for them. It can also be a day that needs to be forgotten for some people. It can also just be another day to the lesser few.

It was non other than Chocolate Day. It's a day for a anyone to appreciate their companion. It can be about your friends, lover or family. Be it because you care so much about them or you love them. It is also the perfect opportunity for these people to confess to their crush. But most importantly today was also a day where the unfortunate ones will be left alone and end up joining in an awkward guys only hangout. Which brings us to one thing...

"What the heck are you guys doing?" I asked my friends.

"Nothing important at all, White. Not to worry." said Blax as he carried a box that I couldn't tell what's inside.

"It's nothing to be worried about, White. All of these preparations are not for today. It will be for a later date." explained Rulend.

"Then what am I doing here?"

Blax clarified to me, "You're here to make sure that all of us do our work and keeping out for any suspicious activities."

"So this is what I get for helping Mrs. R? Being appointed as some kind of spy for the librarians just because of how people doesn't notice me."

"At least you got to wear a cool looking armband." said Rulend.

"Yeah, it's cool. But why am I the only one who got appointed? Why Hosuke wasn't chosen?"

"You were chosen because of your invisibility. No one seems to notice you at all. It's a perfect role for someone like you." Rulend told me that as he was wiping the floor with a broom.

"I'm surprised that Mrs. R actually notice me."

"It's because we told about you to Mrs. R. And with her recommendation, you're not useless anymore."

"Anymore? So I've been useless all this time then?"

"Well uh..." Rulend was lost for words.

"It's alright. Just do your thing and I'll do mine..." I walked out of the library to take some fresh air.

As I was about to walk out of the library, but then a junior of mine called me. It was Nif who seemed to be nervous about something. I would ask her what's wrong but that would certainly make her even more anxious because of how she is. So, I end up trying my best not to notice her nervousness. After a few stuttering, I told her to relax and take a breath. She finally gained her composure after relaxing.

"You see...White...I actually have..." she stuttered again.

"It's alright. Just say it. It'll be fine."

Nif swallows her saliva and immediately handed out a small box to me, "I...I...Iactuallyhavesomethingtogivetoyousopleaseacceptthisthankyou."

She talked too fast that I couldn't catch up what she was saying. After receiving the small box that she handed to me, she was gone in a blink of an eye. That was as fast as Rika's electricity flow.

"What was that all about?" I was confused.

I shake my hand and put the small box inside my backpack and went outside of the library. After exiting the library and went downstairs from where the library was I saw Serena was running toward me from a distance. Why was she running? Before I even got to figure it out, she jumped onto me. Forcing the back of my head to meet the concrete floor.