20. The Shy Boy Walks into the Library

When Will applied for a job in the local library he thought if was going to be uneventful, rather boring - anything but exciting that's for sure. However, he needed the money and the wage was surprisingly -somewhat- high.

Besides it  was convenient to work somewhere close to his university where he could also do some other work, or read whenever the place was either empty or just far from crowded.  And that occured more often than not.

On this Monday afternoon after his last lecture, he managed to arrive on time for once for his shift. The other employee - a boy called Evan- was a bit fed up with him always being late, but never told the owner of the library about Will's antics. They were friends after all, and two or three minutes more work didn't hurt for the dark haired boy anyways.

"You're here on time." The Canadian remarked in a teasing tone with a pretty smile, one eyebrow raised. "What happened?"

The Geordie boy huffed and put a finger onto his lips. "You just broke the first rule of this place." He whispered and carried his rucksack into the small office.

Evan didn't seem to mind that remark and continued in a normal volume. "Literally no one is here, dude."

Will came back out with the slightly older boy's stuff in his hands and gave them to the waiting man. "Yeah, yeah." He waved him off and logged onto the computer behind the main desk with his own account.

He flopped down onto the chair behind it and quickly scanned the lending dates of books that were due to the current date. He saw that only a handful of people were behind with their books so it was going to be an easy day unless a whole group turned up again to register.

"So eager to work." Evan hummed, leaning against the wall, arms crossed over his chest.

Will's eyes shot up, quickly scanning the folded arms - that boy was built wow, bad thing he is taken, he noted every time his eyes lingered on him. "Why are you still here? Shouldn't, you be all over your boyfriend or at uni?"

Evan chuckled at that, glancing out the library's window. "Yeah you're right. Jay just pulled up outside so I'll leave you alone."

Will waved him goodbye, following him outside with his eyes, smiling when he saw Jonathan get out of his car with the biggest grin on his face. But before Evan could leave he paused in the doorway and tilted his head towards the brunette librarian.

"Jay mentioned that he wants to go on a double date with you and, well" he hesitated and shot him an encouraging smile  "your partner, as soon as you find one and feel like hanging out with us."

Will wasn't even surprised to hear those words knowing Jon for months now. "Yeah, maybe one day."

Evan nodded and finally left, lifting up his boyfriend in a hug as he reached him with a kiss on his lips.

Yeah he was right, Will needed a someone. Preferably a boyfriend...

~

George had recently moved into his new apartment on the other side of town. He liked the area since it was rather green and family friendly with parks upon parks and inviting buildings for education.

He tried to get familiar with the streets so he often took walks and explored the unknown territory. He already had a card in the library -a fine chatty boy despatched one for him so he could go there whenever he pleased - and a favourite confectionery accross from it.

This afternoon the petite dirty blonde popped into the latter to munch on a cupcake, then continued his mission to get something read-worthy. His exam period was over so he had plenty of time to spare and go to his beloved time-worn building.